Module Subscription?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

jodown
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Module Subscription?

Post by jodown »

Hi,

I was just thinking about how great it would be to be able to just get the new modules sent to me as they come out. I looked around the store to see if I could sign up for a subscription, but I did not see anything like that.
I like the idea of going to the mailbox one day and seeing a brand new fantasy adventure that I know nothing about. It makes it so much more exciting if I don't know anything about it beforehand.
Does anyone know if this is something that is possible? If not, does anyone know if there is any plan to make subscriptions available?

Thanks
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Module Subscription?

Post by TheNobleDrake »

I have no idea of Goodman Games planning a subscription service... but I do know that any FLGS you might have, should it prove worth its salt, can get you in-store subscribed (meaning they document that they are supposed to check for new products in the series you want every time they place an order, order anything new that comes out, and then give you an email or a call when it gets to the store) to anything you like.

...I got set up that way at my FLGS, though I should have done so sooner it seems as his distributor ended up back ordered on both the core rulebook and DCC #67 by the time I placed the order.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I do believe there was previously a subscription option for the classic DCC modules -- and I bet that once the initial DCC RPG workload slows down, there will be again. Just guessing, though...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Pre-order every module, and forget about it. :) A few months later repeat.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

I think a subscription option would be pretty cool. Sort of model it after Paizo. If you are a subscriber you get the print copy shipped to you an a free copy of the PDF.
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

IronWolf wrote:I think a subscription option would be pretty cool. Sort of model it after Paizo. If you are a subscriber you get the print copy shipped to you an a free copy of the PDF.
If GG can pull that off, I may have to tell my FLGS buddy that he is out of luck... maybe, I can't be certain... I live to serve my FLGS - I even buy from them when it is inconvenient to do so (like when they had to set up a special account just to order me over 6 pounds of Gamescience dice).
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

I'm really interested in a subscription. Otherwise, what will happen is I'll get behind somehow and then have to miss the rent payment in order to catch up. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

finarvyn wrote:I'm really interested in a subscription. Otherwise, what will happen is I'll get behind somehow and then have to miss the rent payment in order to catch up. 8)
I talked to my local game store owner. He said he'd be willing to offer me a "subscription" if I liked. Each time a new module comes out, he would just pre-order an extra with my name on it. When I show up to the store I can just pay for it when I get it.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”