Higher Level PC Generator for DCC?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Higher Level PC Generator for DCC?

Post by tovokas »

bill4935 wrote: Question: Warriors add their Deed Die to damage, right? Should that be shown on the PDF character sheet? Also, I think I saw a problem where the damage die for the 2-handed sword wasn't appearing.
Good catches! I'll get those fixed. :)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

bill4935 wrote:Question: Warriors add their Deed Die to damage, right? Should that be shown on the PDF character sheet? Also, I think I saw a problem where the damage die for the 2-handed sword wasn't appearing.
Those bugs is squashed. ;)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
bill4935
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bill4935 »

tovokas wrote:
bill4935 wrote:Question: Warriors add their Deed Die to damage, right? Should that be shown on the PDF character sheet? Also, I think I saw a problem where the damage die for the 2-handed sword wasn't appearing.
Those bugs is squashed. ;)

Well, if you find these helpful...

I rolled up a Level 1 Wizard with a 16 Stamina (meaning at least 3 hit points gained per level), but he only had four hit points. Another wizard had a 5 Stamina (so a maximum of 2 hit points per level), but 5 hit points. Maybe the Stamina bonus isn't factored in properly, but I don't know if that's during the Level 0 hit point roll or Level 1.

I also rolled up a halfling with the Pack Hunter luck augur, but the damage bonus from the luck mod was applied to both of his weapons. That's not a bug, that's a feature!

Thanks again for this great tool. I'm rolling up some great pre-gens for the modules I'm writing.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

bill4935 wrote:Well, if you find these helpful...

I rolled up a Level 1 Wizard with a 16 Stamina (meaning at least 3 hit points gained per level), but he only had four hit points. Another wizard had a 5 Stamina (so a maximum of 2 hit points per level), but 5 hit points. Maybe the Stamina bonus isn't factored in properly, but I don't know if that's during the Level 0 hit point roll or Level 1.

I also rolled up a halfling with the Pack Hunter luck augur, but the damage bonus from the luck mod was applied to both of his weapons. That's not a bug, that's a feature!

Thanks again for this great tool. I'm rolling up some great pre-gens for the modules I'm writing.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I like to hear about! Like most of us, I've got quite a bit going on, and I don't have as much time as I would like to test things exhaustively: so I really have to rely on the community to spot all the issues. (And you guys are good at it!)

I'll track down the issues you've pointed out. (One thing to keep in mind that Birth Augurs can sometimes be behind strange-looking results)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
l1wolf
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by l1wolf »

I noticed when I made a couple of 3rd level wizard he had invoke patron and not patron bond and vice versa on their spell lists.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

bill4935 wrote: Well, if you find these helpful...

These issues have been fixed. (Sorry about your halfling's augur...) :)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Minor update: added a secondary weapon choice to the launch form.

http://purplesorcerer.com/create_upper.htm
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Thanks to everyone who has contacted me about 'strangeness' in the generator. I think we've gone a long way toward cleaning up the thing. :)

As you use the generator, feel free to share ideas that arise about additional useful features.
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
hawkwind
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by hawkwind »

adding details of mercurial magic plus acfew random effects of corruption to the wizard characters would be useful
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

hawkwind wrote:adding details of mercurial magic plus acfew random effects of corruption to the wizard characters would be useful
I've been considering a 'corruption slider' as an option, which would be cool. I think mercurial magic will have to wait until I implement individual spell sheets. (The character sheet will have additional pages: each spell having its own page)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

Thanks for all your hard work on this, Jon. I wasn't able to make use of it before I headed off to Texas, but knowing it now exists will be extremely helpful the next time I decide to run a game with "high" level PCs. Great work as always (and in a miraculous short time as well)!
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

michaelcurtis wrote:Thanks for all your hard work on this, Jon. I wasn't able to make use of it before I headed off to Texas, but knowing it now exists will be extremely helpful the next time I decide to run a game with "high" level PCs. Great work as always (and in a miraculous short time as well)!
No problem Michael. It's a project I'd been meaning to get to for a while, you just gave me a good reason to get started. ;)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com

Return to “DCC RPG General”