0-level Party Generator... in French!

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

0-level Party Generator... in French!

Post by tovokas »

Some French fans of DCC contacted me about updating the character generator with a version in their language: they did some awesome work translating everything, including all the Birth Augurs and Occupations. (My French doesn't go much beyond Je m'appelle Jon...)

After defeating some special French character font issues, I was still having fun, so we worked together to translate the launch page into French as well. This proved interesting as the pun tag line at the top didn't really work in French, so they came up with a rhyming version to replace it.

I think all the effort is worth it just to have Hugh scold people in French for attempting to create power characters. Somehow that seems appropriate.

Soon, DCC will be sweeping the continent! ;)

http://purplesorcerer.com/create_fr.htm
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
larsdangly
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: 0-level Party Generator... in French!

Post by larsdangly »

I can't comment on the french version, but I really love the english one! It makes a huge difference to have the 'funnel' approach be super easy - just click the button, hit print, and you are playing. And if you haven't generated a RAW original D&D character in a while (most people have never done it...) it is pretty eye opening to see what sorts of things the dice do! I just made a 0 level hobbit money changer who had 4 stats of 5 or under and 1 hit point. Ohhhh, yahhhhhh!!!!
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Thanks larsdangly, I'm glad you've found the generator useful! (And I also enjoy running the thing to see what sort of perversely challenged characters it is capable of spitting out... )
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
larsdangly
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by larsdangly »

I just played with the new crit and fumble tables and dice roller on your site as well; Fantastic! Is there a missing d4 category for the fumble table? I was sure that unarmored characters roll 1d4 on a fumble. Anyway, all incredibly useful for speeding and easing game play. Is it safe to assume the modules you have for sale are all compatible with the published edition of DCC?
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

larsdangly wrote:I just played with the new crit and fumble tables and dice roller on your site as well; Fantastic! Is there a missing d4 category for the fumble table? I was sure that unarmored characters roll 1d4 on a fumble. Anyway, all incredibly useful for speeding and easing game play. Is it safe to assume the modules you have for sale are all compatible with the published edition of DCC?
The Funky Dice Roller is being replaced by the new "Crawler's Companion" - which has the d4 for the fumble table. (I'm moments away from launching the Kickstarter to help make it available for mobile devices!)

And yes, the adventures are compatible!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
larsdangly
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by larsdangly »

tovokas wrote:
larsdangly wrote:I just played with the new crit and fumble tables and dice roller on your site as well; Fantastic! Is there a missing d4 category for the fumble table? I was sure that unarmored characters roll 1d4 on a fumble. Anyway, all incredibly useful for speeding and easing game play. Is it safe to assume the modules you have for sale are all compatible with the published edition of DCC?
The Funky Dice Roller is being replaced by the new "Crawler's Companion" - which has the d4 for the fumble table. (I'm moments away from launching the Kickstarter to help make it available for mobile devices!)

And yes, the adventures are compatible!
Sold!

Return to “Characters”