Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 6/21

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 5/29

Post by finarvyn »

finarvyn wrote:I can't find a pamphlet or booklet setting for my printer
Okay, so I kept at it and think I found the right setting. :oops: Fingers crossed. I'll print off some pages at work tomorrow and see how they copy. 8)

Next questions: How do I get them stapled nice?
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Kobayashi
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Kobayashi »

For the french DCC crowd :

Another character sheet
A sheet for 4 level 0 characters
The occupations table
Fumbles and Critical Hits tables I, II, III, IV and V

All (and more to come) can be found here.
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

finarvyn wrote:Next questions: How do I get them stapled nice?
I went to Kinkos--they had a long stapler that they were nice enough to let me use.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

dunbruha wrote:
finarvyn wrote:Next questions: How do I get them stapled nice?
I went to Kinkos--they had a long stapler that they were nice enough to let me use.
Yeah. Failing that, open out a stapler, staple through the stack at the fold with the pages on some cardboard (or similar), pull the stapled pages back off the cardboard and fold the legs of the staples down as normal...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
GreyM
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by GreyM »

Don't we all have a Bostitch booklet stapler laying around or a long reach stapler :D
Colin

Post by Colin »

Some generic resources for folks:

How about some free generators?

Dyson's Random Morph Map
Risus Monkey's Random Map Generator

Dan Collins offers the freely downloadable and neat little GridMapper application for dungeon mapping.

The Hack & Slash blog provides a 30-page Traps, Tricks, & Empty Rooms pdf.

Johnn Four of RoleplayingTips.com has released the system neutral, free 64-page pdf 650 Fantasy City Encounters: Seeds & Hooks. Great stuff at the best price!

Want a gorgeous, free map of a fantasy village, with a form-fillable key? Grab Berem by 1191 AD Publishing.

BX Blackrazor has the system neutral 100 Reasons the Characters Are Together.

Sham's Grog & Blog has some great system-neutral pdfs too, including 100 NPC Personalities, and 100 Stairways.

The Wrath of Zombie blog has the system-neutral pdfs Grave Digging Chart and Wilderness Encounters.

Dandy in the Underworld provides the excellent system-neutral Rival Adventuring Parties, 50 Rural Encounters, and Rural Inns & Taverns pdfs.

Isomage offers online generators for Random Wilderness Hexmaps, and Random Cave Maps.

Ye Olde Map Maker is a free online map generator that allows you to print off your results.

The One Page Dungeon Contest has run for several years, and produces VAST SWATHES of system-neutral one-page mini-modules. You can downloaded collected pdfs of the entries below. Be warned, some of the collections are humongous (like 60 megs' worth of free material)!

1PDC Collected 2012
1PDC Collected 2011
1PDC Collected 2010
1PDC Collected 2009
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

Thank you for sharing all these resources. 8)
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Colin

Post by Colin »

DCCfan wrote:Thank you for sharing all these resources. 8)
You're welcome, mate. :)

Colin
viruswithshoes
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by viruswithshoes »

Holy hell RAD Colin, Thanks! You just killed my morning productivity. As someone who has not gamed since the advent of the internet, I've been overwhelmed collecting and reviewing these types of resources and my brain is just spinning.

Creating a campaign with custom cities, patrons, deities, spells etc is getting overwhelming. I think I'll say to hell with it all and run the 0-Level in the book and take it from there. Maybe let the players design their own patron if they want to.

It may have already been mentioned but Blackmarsh and the related Goodman Games' Points of Light campaign settings seem perfect for DCC RPG.
arcadayn
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by arcadayn »

Has anyone shared this one yet?

http://davesmapper.com/

The side view dungeons are my favorite.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

Colin
Colin

Post by Colin »

viruswithshoes wrote:Holy hell RAD Colin, Thanks! You just killed my morning productivity. As someone who has not gamed since the advent of the internet, I've been overwhelmed collecting and reviewing these types of resources and my brain is just spinning.

Creating a campaign with custom cities, patrons, deities, spells etc is getting overwhelming. I think I'll say to hell with it all and run the 0-Level in the book and take it from there. Maybe let the players design their own patron if they want to.

It may have already been mentioned but Blackmarsh and the related Goodman Games' Points of Light campaign settings seem perfect for DCC RPG.
You're welcome. :) I wouldn't create a setting before play, but rather start at the adventure locale and build out gradually, adding more as the players go through each adventure. I wouldn't even necessarily create a pantheon; like you mentioned, I'd get any clerical Player to make up their own god in co-op with me, and add more gods as things go along. Saves a heck of a lot of work that might not even get used for some time anyway.

Yep, Blackmarsh and PoL I have been mentioned, but they're still worth pointing out again.

Colin
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

Did the Cleric sheet ever get updated?
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
Colin

Post by Colin »

Vanguard wrote:Did the Cleric sheet ever get updated?
Not yet. Joseph and Harley are seriously swamped, which isn't surprised given that this is still essentially the launch of DCC as its whole own entity. A complete new rpg, a line of new modules for it, plans for Free RPG Day and conventions, etc. take a lot of time and effort, so if it takes them a handful of weeks or so to get around to forum posts, errata, or updating pdfs, I'm sure they can be forgiven.

Colin
bizarrojoe
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bizarrojoe »

I'm cross posting a little bit here, but I thought I'd share the link to my latest multi-layer character sheet:

http://www.filedropper.com/dccrpgmerged ... ersheetv30

I also added a few more pages to Jeremy Deram's reference sheets, mostly stuff that I knew I would forget about while I was Judging games:

http://www.filedropper.com/modifiedreferencesheets_2

I hope you find the files useful!

Edit: Fixed a typo in the reference sheets.
Last edited by bizarrojoe on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin

Post by Colin »

bj for the win! Erm, that sounds a bit suspect. ;)

Colin
Colin

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 6/21

Post by Colin »

Koboldstyle/Kirin Robertson did a folder-style hand-tooled character sheet for characters of 1st level and above HERE.
Colin

Post by Colin »

donjon
A site featuring multiple name generators and random dungeon generators.

Wizardawn
Contains random generators for:
Dungeon Maps
Potion Appearances
Random Books & Tomes
Random Treasure Maps
Settlements, Fantasy
Ultimate Dungeon Creator
etc.

Colin
drow
Gongfarmer

Post by drow »

Colin wrote:donjon
A site featuring multiple name generators and random dungeon generators.
and a fractal worldmap generator, inn generator, NPCs, castles, towns, omens, prophecies, pickpocket loot...
jduncan
Gongfarmer

Post by jduncan »

Colin wrote: Dandy in the Underworld provides the excellent system-neutral Rival Adventuring Parties, 50 Rural Encounters, and Rural Inns & Taverns pdfs.
Thanks for the shout-out! I've since updated the "Rival Adventuring Parties" table, which can be found here: Rival Adventuring Parties.
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

jduncan wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out! I've since updated the "Rival Adventuring Parties" table, which can be found here: Rival Adventuring Parties.
That's great! It would be really fantastic if you could stat the parties minimally (class/level, special items, etc.).
Aplus
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Aplus »

finarvyn wrote:
finarvyn wrote:I can't find a pamphlet or booklet setting for my printer
Okay, so I kept at it and think I found the right setting. :oops: Fingers crossed. I'll print off some pages at work tomorrow and see how they copy. 8)

Next questions: How do I get them stapled nice?
Seriously, if you are a do-it-yourself kind of gamer or DM, you must own one of these!

http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Stapler-Sta ... 001B0GWKU/
Check out my DCC Resources Page for cool stuff!
Kergalli
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Kergalli »

I think these are basically good to go if you are interested in adding them to the list:

DCC RPG 0-level Character Creation Cheatsheet
2-sided sheet containing just about everything a player would need to create new 0-level characters. Only thing missing in the Occupation table.

DCC RPG What to Roll
1-sided reference sheet detailing the various rolls/checks in DCC and how to determine the results.

DCC RPG Screen - Work in Progress
3 panels of the screen I am working on.

DCC Character Sheet
B/X-inspired starter character sheet.
Last edited by Kergalli on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banesfinger
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Banesfinger »

Kergalli wrote:I think these are basically good to go if you are interested in adding them to the list:

DCC RPG 0-level Character Creation Cheatsheet
2-sided sheet containing just about everything a player would need to create new 0-level characters. Only thing missing in the Occupation table.

DCC RPG What to Roll
1-sided reference sheet detailing the various rolls/checks in DCC and how to determine the results.

DCC RPG Screen - Work in Progress
3 panels of the screen I am working on.
Great stuff Kergalli - I'll be using these!

One question:
For your 0-level Character Creation Cheatsheet: step #9 (Base Move and Racial Features). Aren't those "racial" features actually "class" features which don't apply until the PC reaches 1st-level?
Kergalli
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Kergalli »

Page 21 of the DCC rulebook:
0-level demi-humans are able to utilize select racial traits as follows: dwarves have infravision and a base speed of 20’; elves are sensitive to iron and have heightened senses; and halflings have infravision. Refer to the dwarf, elf, and halfling class descriptions for more information on these abilities.
I extrapolated on the remaining racial abilities in the class descriptions, adding what made sense and would naturally be a racial feature as opposed to something a character might learn while being trained in a class.

Things I added to my game/the sheet:
Elf: Immune to magical sleep/paralysis and infravision. Immunity seems like something inherent and infravision because all the other races get it at 0-level.
Dwarf: Smell gold/gems. Again, seems like an inherent ability a dwarf would possess for most of their life.
Halfling: Two-weapon fighting and good luck charm. I could see an argument for not including two-weapon fighting, but I saw it as more of how halflings are raised/wired and that perhaps halflings simply do not favor one hand or the other which in turn makes them naturally good at using either. Again, good luck charm just seems like something halflings would always possess/couldn't get away from.

Ultimately, I felt the paragraph on page 21 was not a complete list (see Elf infravision, no mention of halfling's 20' move) and just sort of went with my gut/house-ruled it.

Return to “DCC RPG General”