cleave

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

hawkwind
Wild-Eyed Zealot

cleave

Post by hawkwind »

I know my players will want to cleave using a deed. How do other referees handled emulating this feat?
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: cleave

Post by Thane »

hawkwind wrote:I know my players will want to cleave using a deed. How do other referees handled emulating this feat?
Forgive my ignorance, but how is it used in 3.x?
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

hawkwind wrote:I know my players will want to cleave using a deed. How do other referees handled emulating this feat?
Maybe use a normal attack on one creature, and everyone else around the player gets some damage depending on how succesful the deed was?
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
hawkwind
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by hawkwind »

In third edition if you have the cleave feat and you kill a monster you get a free attack against a adjacent opponent
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

I think it is very easy to adapt the precision strike (or whatever exactly it is called, sorry... lazy right now so I didn't look up exact wording) Deed example of striking a specific point to deal additional damage (at judge's discretion) to being a "cleave" attack.

I believe the minimum success listed (a 3 on the Deed die) was 1d4 damage - you could have the attack hit the main target as normal, and damage the second target according to the Deed examples for extra damage.
hawkwind
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by hawkwind »

That sounds good

Return to “Rules discussion”