Making a Cleric for the first time

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bobhoffnee
Ill-Fated Peasant

Making a Cleric for the first time

Post by bobhoffnee »

This is my first post so "Hi all!"

I bought DCC RPG last week. I have dabbled in DnD 3.5 briefly a few years ago. I'm pretty much a beginner. Getting that out the way with now so the following questions don't seem quite as bad.

Our group (we are all beginners!) has been looking at making a Cleric and I can't seem to find the info that tells me which Gods allow which spells. So far this is the info we have for the level 1 Cleric:

HP - 5 (At level 0 he had 3 - a 2 was rolled for his Hit points on levelling to 1)
Allignment - Neutral
God - Ildavir
Starting spells: Turn Unholy, Lay On Hands
Spells:
Food of the Gods, Blessing, Second Sight, Word of Command

Couple of questions.. I assumed you do not get extra spells depending on your Personality modifier (unlike the Wizard who gets a bonus for INT modifier) . Is this correct?

I assume you start with Turn Unholy and Lay on Hands - is this right?

When you get to 1, you roll the 1D8 for hitpoints and they go on top of your current HP.

We chose the 4 spells at the bottom because as I mentioned above I could not find any limitations with regard to the chosen God (Ildavir).

If anyone could help out that would be great! Many thanks in advance!
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Making a Cleric for the first time

Post by Ravenheart87 »

bobhoffnee wrote:This is my first post so "Hi all!"

I bought DCC RPG last week. I have dabbled in DnD 3.5 briefly a few years ago. I'm pretty much a beginner. Getting that out the way with now so the following questions don't seem quite as bad.

Our group (we are all beginners!) has been looking at making a Cleric and I can't seem to find the info that tells me which Gods allow which spells. So far this is the info we have for the level 1 Cleric:

HP - 5 (At level 0 he had 3 - a 2 was rolled for his Hit points on levelling to 1)
Allignment - Neutral
God - Ildavir
Starting spells: Turn Unholy, Lay On Hands
Spells:
Food of the Gods, Blessing, Second Sight, Word of Command

Couple of questions.. I assumed you do not get extra spells depending on your Personality modifier (unlike the Wizard who gets a bonus for INT modifier) . Is this correct?

I assume you start with Turn Unholy and Lay on Hands - is this right?

When you get to 1, you roll the 1D8 for hitpoints and they go on top of your current HP.

We chose the 4 spells at the bottom because as I mentioned above I could not find any limitations with regard to the chosen God (Ildavir).

If anyone could help out that would be great! Many thanks in advance!
Welcome aboard!

Cleric's personality only effects the spell power and the maximum spell level.

Every cleric has the ability to Turn Unholy and Lay Hands - these aren't spells but class abilities.

Yes, you add your hit dice every level, plus the stamina modifier.

The gods are examples only from GG's Áereth setting. It's up to the Judge what kind of gods are available in a campaign and which spells they prefer.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
bobhoffnee
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bobhoffnee »

Thanks for the help and kind welcome, Ravenheart. :)
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

bobhoffnee wrote:Thanks for the help and kind welcome, Ravenheart. :)
You're welcome. Have fun with DCC RPG. :)
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “Characters”