1st DCC session (partial)

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Bisikoff
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Black Diamond Games

1st DCC session (partial)

Post by Bisikoff »

Howdy All,

So, the other weekend, I was able to throw down with a short intro game of DCC. My good friend and neighbor, Angelo, played and I DM'd. Given it was just us, and we had minimal time, we opted to go with a single PC, 1st level ... he did roll him up 3d6 in order.

Angelo's a big fan of elves - his favorite, bar none - and we was looking to do the same. His stats were all non-eventful (10s and 11s), with an 8 for Stamina ... and then a 16 for Luck.

He went with a thief. ;)

From there, we did some improve gaming. While he selected his equipment (including not being able to afford thieves' tools ... ), I sketched out some ideas (on the back of the envelope what my copy of Crawl! came in), and a wandering monster chart:

Angelo's thief was caught (a second time) thieving, and the magistrates sentenced him to a term in the overseas mining penal colony called "Port Bloodwater". The sentence was determined old school style ... I just rolled the entire sent of polyhedrons:
Sentenced to 99 years in Port Bloodwater!

From there, it was role-play on the boat. The young thief was sick for a portion, explaining his lowered Stamina after a several months voyage. There was some role-play and exploration of the Port - including an octopus attack that took of a good number of his shipmates - then he was off to accompany a boat up the river (in the middle of "the Green Death" to check on a location at the foot of the mountains. Midway, they were ambushed by what he could only describe as some kind of strange man-wasp hybrid. He rolled a crit, and loved it.

All in all, good time. Both Angelo and I have played D&D for, uh, several decades, so it was pretty easy to embrace DCC and go.

Good times.
bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: 1st DCC session (partial)

Post by bholmes4 »

Uncool. That is only 98 years by my count.

And love the drinks :)
Bisikoff
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Black Diamond Games

Post by Bisikoff »

bholmes4 wrote:Uncool. That is only 98 years by my count.
+1 year for talking back to the Magistrate. ;)
And love the drinks :)
DCC is a hard cider friendly game, I'd say. ;)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I don't have much to add, but wanted to say this sounds and looks cool.

I love that the notes are on the back of the Crawl! envelope... :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC RPG Community”