Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 1st DCC session (partial)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Howdy All,

So, the other weekend, I was able to throw down with a short intro game of DCC. My good friend and neighbor, Angelo, played and I DM'd. Given it was just us, and we had minimal time, we opted to go with a single PC, 1st level ... he did roll him up 3d6 in order.

Angelo's a big fan of elves - his favorite, bar none - and we was looking to do the same. His stats were all non-eventful (10s and 11s), with an 8 for Stamina ... and then a 16 for Luck.

He went with a thief. ;)

From there, we did some improve gaming. While he selected his equipment (including not being able to afford thieves' tools ... ), I sketched out some ideas (on the back of the envelope what my copy of Crawl! came in), and a wandering monster chart:

Angelo's thief was caught (a second time) thieving, and the magistrates sentenced him to a term in the overseas mining penal colony called "Port Bloodwater". The sentence was determined old school style ... I just rolled the entire sent of polyhedrons:
Sentenced to 99 years in Port Bloodwater!

From there, it was role-play on the boat. The young thief was sick for a portion, explaining his lowered Stamina after a several months voyage. There was some role-play and exploration of the Port - including an octopus attack that took of a good number of his shipmates - then he was off to accompany a boat up the river (in the middle of "the Green Death" to check on a location at the foot of the mountains. Midway, they were ambushed by what he could only describe as some kind of strange man-wasp hybrid. He rolled a crit, and loved it.

All in all, good time. Both Angelo and I have played D&D for, uh, several decades, so it was pretty easy to embrace DCC and go.

Good times.

Post subject: Re: 1st DCC session (partial)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 am 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Uncool. That is only 98 years by my count.

And love the drinks :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:13 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

bholmes4 wrote:
Uncool. That is only 98 years by my count.

+1 year for talking back to the Magistrate. ;)
Quote:
And love the drinks :)

DCC is a hard cider friendly game, I'd say. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:49 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I don't have much to add, but wanted to say this sounds and looks cool.

I love that the notes are on the back of the Crawl! envelope... :mrgreen:

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)