DCC Printings

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

bamajon1974
Ill-Fated Peasant

DCC Printings

Post by bamajon1974 »

Question about DCCs:

Were there 1st and 2nd printings of the following? Either printing info at the end of the OGL license information of different GMG logos (b&w cowboy vs. color triceratops)

DCC16 Curse of the Emerald Cobra
DCC18 Citadel of the Demon Prince
DCC19 The Volcano Caves
DCC20 Shadows of Freeport

Thanks!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: DCC Printings

Post by goodmangames »

There was definitely a first printing. :) Its been a long time so I don't remember for sure, but I think #16 had a 2nd printing and the rest only had one printing.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
bamajon1974
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bamajon1974 »

Ok my bad, 1st printings for each. I didn't proofread my post.

I saw on Noble Knight Games that DCCs 18 and 20 had 2nd printings that differed with the GMG logo on the front cover

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetai ... _GenreID_E_

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetai ... _GenreID_E_

Was there ever a comprehensive d20 or GMG list somewhere that might have this information?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

bamajon1974 wrote:Was there ever a comprehensive d20 or GMG list somewhere that might have this information?
Nothing that I recall doing, but you may want to check with the guys at the Acaeum. There are some collectors there who kept tabs on these things.

Don't put too much stock in those cover images. I have to solicit books 4-6 months out to meet distributor timelines. When I changed the logo way back when, this meant I had about 4-6 months worth of cover images with the old logo already "out there" in the distributor catalogs. Then those books got printed with the new logo. I think this happened around the time of DCC #15 or #16. This has come up before - people looking for those modules with the old cover logo - but they were never printed that way.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
bamajon1974
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bamajon1974 »

I have inquired at the Acaeum but not gotten any meaningful response. So I need to look for 2 printings of Curse of the Emerald Cobra and the Volcano Caves, Citadel of the Demon Prince, and Shadows in Freeport only had one?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

bamajon1974 wrote:I have inquired at the Acaeum but not gotten any meaningful response. So I need to look for 2 printings of Curse of the Emerald Cobra and the Volcano Caves, Citadel of the Demon Prince, and Shadows in Freeport only had one?
To the best of my memory, yes.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
bamajon1974
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bamajon1974 »

Perfect, thank you for your help!

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”