(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIEW

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIEW

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

Hey guys!

I have not hid my love for the DCC RPG and I think it will come as no surprise that I will be focusing most of my own creativity upon supporting the game. The thrust of that support will center around my new line of adventures: "Appendix N Adventure Toolkits." Details can be found in the Kickstarter description.

I have a Kickstarter project (my first) to roll out this new line of modules in support of the DCC RPG! It will go live just as soon as Kickstarter gives it their approval.

Please feel free to offer any suggestions / corrections.

Thanks!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... n=2931f797
John Adams
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Post by Raven_Crowking »

That looks....magnificent.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Looks good :D
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Looks fantastic!...

WANT!

ugh, i can't afford all this awesome Old-School stuff coming out, especially the stuff on kickstarter.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

This looks great, John. I really like the scaling of the support levels and how they coincide with the bonus goals. I'll definitely throw my cash into the ring when it goes live.
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
Colin

Post by Colin »

Looks promising. As soon as I know how much int'l P&P to the UK will change the pricings (or not), I'll be able to make an appropriate pledge when it goes live.

Colin
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

RAD Colin wrote:Looks promising. As soon as I know how much int'l P&P to the UK will change the pricings (or not), I'll be able to make an appropriate pledge when it goes live.

Colin
International shipping is already calculated as part of each pledge level. :)
I will add that to the description.
John Adams
Colin

Post by Colin »

John, my friend, that is music to my ears. :)

Colin
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

One thing you may consider changing is adding the pitches to the bonus adventures. While I have no doubt as to their quality, a little bit of description will go a long way towards fulfilling some of those bonus goals. If nothing else, I just want to salivate over the flavor text.
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
GreyM
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by GreyM »

It seems like the key spots for backers are either $35 for all adventure modules in print (if the stretch goals are reached), or the $50 for all print modules plus the box. Unfortunately, on both, you get multiple copies of modules. I am OK with getting 2 copies (1 to leave in shrink and 1 to actually use), but what am I going to do with a 3rd copy (at the $50 dollar level)? Maybe think about a $30 pledge level that is the same as the $35 level but with only 1 copy of each module (and future modules if stretch goals are reached)?

I would be in at the $35 dollar level anyways, but I would be good with a $30 level too (and possibly a $10-15 add-in for the box). I've been a fan of Brave Halfling for awhile now (S&W Whitebox publishing days). Definitely looking forward to seeing what you have in store for DCC RPG! Keep up the great work!
ravenspoe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ravenspoe »

All I need to know is when does it go live! The project looks great and I loves me some DCC.
I am soooo there!
Rev. James Carpio - Freelance Writer & Game Designer
Sole Proprietor - Chapter 13 Press
http://www.Hexgeneration.com Post Punk and OSR Gaming from the Generation X point of view.
meinvt
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by meinvt »

Looks stellar, but I agree with the comments that it isn't great as a backer to have multiple "upgrades" all together only some of which I want, especially the multiple copies of items which is rarely what I'm looking for.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Any info about shipping costs?
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Ravenheart87 wrote:Any info about shipping costs?
Look up-thread. ;)
Coleston the Cavalier wrote:International shipping is already calculated as part of each pledge level.
It stands to reason that if int'l shipping is already included, domestic would be too.

Colin
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

RAD Colin wrote:
Ravenheart87 wrote:Any info about shipping costs?
Look up-thread. ;)
Coleston the Cavalier wrote:International shipping is already calculated as part of each pledge level.
It stands to reason that if int'l shipping is already included, domestic would be too.

Colin
Thanks. Somehow I missed that post. It's still morning around here. :)
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Hmmmmm.....

Id like to have more of those different adventures (currently at bonus levels) than 3 or 5 copies of the same adventure.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

I really appreciate the feedback guys!

I am fiddling with the numbers seeing what I can work out.

I also have to balance what gamers are looking for and what collectors are looking for (which is why some levels offer more than two copies of a module).

I would love nothing more than to just say from the beginning that everyone who gives $30 or more will get every bonus module and a box, but I cannot fulfill promise that unless we hit every stretch goal. Being a halfling, so I am very timid by nature.

Back to the numbers...
John Adams
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

What if you had paralel offerings that were conveniently named to help backers discern between the two. One "path" would clearly be for collectors (ala the multiple copies), while the other would be for the rest of us. So something like:

Hairfoot's Word - Pledge $5
A pdf copy of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.”
Estimated Delivery: Jul 2012

Stout's Promise - Pledge $10
A pdf and a print copy (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.”

Tallfellow's Oath - Pledge $20
A pdf and 1 print copy (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” Plus 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: Plus 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered).

Collector's Special - Pledge $30
A pdf copy and 2 print copies (each individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” And 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered).

Barrel Rider - Pledge $31
Something cool for folks that only need 1 copy

Champion Collector - Pledge $50
A pdf copy and 3 print copies (each individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” And 2 print copies of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered).

The Lucky Number - Pledge $51
Everything included in Barrel Rider and something else super cool for folks that only need 1 copy

Fevered Collector - Pledge $100
A pdf copy and 5 print copies (each individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” 5 Special Limited Edition Supporters Posters. And 5 print copies of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered).

Hero of the Shire - Pledge $101
Everything included in Shire Reeve and something else super cool for folks that only need 1 copy

"Yes, I'm just that Crazy" Collector - Pledge $200
Everything contained in Fevered $100 pledge level, plus your own or your character’s image immortalized in an Appendix N Adventure Toolkit color cover by artist, Steve Zieser! You will also receive a framed print of the cover and the first ten print copies (individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module.

Ring Bearer - Pledge $201
Everything included in Hero of the Shire and something else super cool for folks that only need 1 copy

Etc, etc ...

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Harley Stroh wrote: Tallfellow's Oath - Pledge $20
A pdf and 1 print copy (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” Plus 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: Plus 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered).
I like this option.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Harley Stroh wrote:What if you had paralel offerings that were conveniently named to help backers discern between the two. One "path" would clearly be for collectors (ala the multiple copies), while the other would be for the rest of us. So something like:

Hairfoot's Word - Pledge $5
A pdf copy of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.”

Stout's Promise - Pledge $10
A pdf and a print copy (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.”

Tallfellow's Oath - Pledge $20

Collector's Special - Pledge $30
A pdf copy and 2 print copies (each individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” And 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered).

Barrel Rider - Pledge $31
Something cool for folks that only need 1 copy

Champion Collector - Pledge $50
A pdf copy and 3 print copies (each individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” And 2 print copies of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered).

The Lucky Number - Pledge $51
Everything included in Barrel Rider and something else super cool for folks that only need 1 copy

Fevered Collector - Pledge $100
A pdf copy and 5 print copies (each individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” 5 Special Limited Edition Supporters Posters. And 5 print copies of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered).

Hero of the Shire - Pledge $101
Everything included in Shire Reeve and something else super cool for folks that only need 1 copy

"Yes, I'm just that Crazy" Collector - Pledge $200
Everything contained in Fevered $100 pledge level, plus your own or your character’s image immortalized in an Appendix N Adventure Toolkit color cover by artist, Steve Zieser! You will also receive a framed print of the cover and the first ten print copies (individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module.

Ring Bearer - Pledge $201
Everything included in Hero of the Shire and something else super cool for folks that only need 1 copy

Etc, etc ...

//H
Hey Harley! Love the names and how they clearly separate the gamers levels from collector levels. I have added a number of them.

I have added very short teasers for each of the bonus goal modules.

And I have also decided that everyone who pledges $20 or more will also receive a pdf and print copies (the exact number is stated in the pledge level description) of every Bonus Goal product that is reached! This includes the final Bonus Goal too - the digest game box! So however many print copies of the base goal product your pledge level gives you, that is how many print copies of any bonus goal product you will also get. I do it because I can. :)
John Adams
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:And I have also decided that everyone who pledges $20 or more will also receive a pdf and print copies (the exact number is stated in the pledge level description) of every Bonus Goal product that is reached! This includes the final Bonus Goal too - the digest game box! So however many print copies of the base goal product your pledge level gives you, that is how many print copies of any bonus goal product you will also get. I do it because I can. :)
Just wait until I get my salary. :)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

It might be worth checking out the Fallen Empire quickstater for levels and rewards. He totally blew through his most expensive pledge spots. There might be merit in targeting the non-collector gamer out to spend $50+.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932 ... orcery-set

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Also, any (rough) idea as to when this puppy goes live?

Colin
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

RAD Colin wrote:Also, any (rough) idea as to when this puppy goes live?

Colin
Just as soon as Kickstarter says it is okay. I do not know how long that takes.
John Adams
GreyM
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by GreyM »

John,

Are you going to make any money on this? :shock:

I'm definitely in at the $30 Collector Level :

Collector's Special - A pdf copy and 2 print copies (each individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered). Plus 1 pdf and 2 print copies (including the digest game box) of any Bonus Goal products that are reached.

2 print copies of everything (except 1A) if the stretch goals are reached?!?!? That could, conceivably, be 9 copies of modules + the boxes for $30. I'm all for it, but I want you to make money too :D

Jerry

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”