DCC World

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Wow, that's surreal. I didn't even unfold my own copies. :?

Renshai, is that the colossal red dragon up there on your top shelf?
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

It most certainly is!

And yeah, the map is enormous! I had my wife laminate it for me at work. :)

I'll take a photo of the whole game room in a bit.
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Is that in your house? I mean, you have a whole room dedicated to gaming?

I thought I was a hardcore geek when I had Kinko's laminate the grid mat that came with the 3.5 Dungeon Master's Guide....

But actually, I'm just jealous. That's pretty cool. Did you laminate the player's map, too?
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Yeah, that is in my house. 8)

I work from home (as a programmer) so when we bought this house I made sure it had a space big enough for my office/gameroom. Its basically an enclosed garage with carpet. I like it!

I did laminate the player's map, but Im going to keep that handy for the guys at the table.

I also did this one in CC2.

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Very nice.

Your own gaming room. Wow, that is keen!
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Crazyjose, AstroCat....a few more details about Denithae coming soon to a post near you!
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

Ren, freakin' awesome man!

I just got back from my very FLGS and I now own the boxed set. The first thing I did was fold all the maps out across my living room floor.

Damn these maps are fantastic. I didn't expect this.

Now I will lock myself away for the weekend and read...
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ren, that map is _awesome_. Very, very cool. We need to get the map archive up and running so that we can host that sort of thing all in one place.

Random trivia: "Orgemouth" is NOT a typo. (Although, given my spelling, you have every right to believe it is.)

There is something important about this location that may be dealt with down the line. :twisted:

//H
Last edited by Harley Stroh on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

jason.richardson wrote:Damn these maps are fantastic. I didn't expect this.
It makes me so happy to hear that, Jason. I'm glad they jive with you.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Eryx »

My last house had a dedicated games room but my current is too small.
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

We are also making a game room in our house. We have this area in our "media" room that used to be like a living room setup, we've used 0 times in the past 4 years!
So, the custom built gaming table is coming soon, and our butts will finally be out of the dining room! :)
Last edited by AstroCat on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Maffei
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rick Maffei »

That map looks so great on the wall, Ren. Awesome.
It looks so good in its full glory. Kudos to the designers and Topo Rex for giving us this huge playground to explore.

Soon after my return from Gen Con I pieced mine together on the floor (didn't have a big enough table), and my players walked in and were like, "Whoa."
My friend Willie then turned to my friend Mark & said, "I think we're going to be adventuring in a new world soon..."

Before I shuffle off this mortal coil I will have a dedicated game room, geeky in the extreme, complete with custom gaming table... someday...
DCC #26 The Scaly God
DCC #60 Thrones of Punjar
Monstercology: Orcs
Age of Cthulhu 2: Madness in London Town
Co-author Age of Cthulhu 5: The Long Reach of Evil
Co-author 2006, 2007, 2008 Tourney DCCs

Visit Rick's RPG Blog Jabberwock's Rest
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

I will wait until the game tomorrow evening before I take some photos of the game room. I'd sure Harley would like to see someone trapsing through one of his creations ;)
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Maps - roads and zoomed in information?

Post by AstroCat »

I love the maps that came with DCC35 but one thing I noticed is they are on a very large scale.
It would be really nice to have some more information on a local scale, especially road and path networks. Such as what Renshai did above.

Any chance of anything like this? Maybe supplements focusing on specific regions?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The wall map is awesome!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

Rin, any chance of you posting a copy of that map for download. PDF of JPG would be cool

Dave
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

what is the scale on the maps. I know that Archbridge is 3 weeks for Silverton, so I have been using that as a referance. What are the miles to the inch?

Also, are the adventure locations set in stone? Some of the adventures I would like to run are very far away from where the characters are now.

Thanks
Dave
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

The locations are just suggestions really. DCC's are generic enough that you could change their locations easily and you wouldn't have any effect whatsoever on actual gameplay.

Silverton is about 175 miles south of Archbridge across hilly terrain.
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Rin, any chance of you posting a copy of that map for download. PDF of JPG would be cool
I can post the map for download tomorrow. You can download the CC2 map viewer from Profantasy to view it.
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

gmdave wrote:what is the scale on the maps. I know that Archbridge is 3 weeks for Silverton, so I have been using that as a referance. What are the miles to the inch?

Also, are the adventure locations set in stone? Some of the adventures I would like to run are very far away from where the characters are now.

Thanks
Dave
Hello Dave,

Using a standard ruler:

1" = ~143 miles
1/2" = ~72 miles
Each 1/16th" = ~9 miles

Cheers,

Jason
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

AstroCat, Crayjose....or anyone else interested in more information about Denithae, here are a few more details. We're still discussing internally the best way to present this kind of thing, so this will become more comprehensive at some point. In fact, some of Denithae's details could change, but not too much. Consider this a rough draft.
Denithae (Lady of the Field)

Lesser god, N — Agriculture, Harvest

Denithae (den-ih-thay), Lady of the Field, the Gathering, is the diety of agriculture and horticulture. As the patroness of farmers and plowmen, she surveys and protects all that can be harvested, cultivated, or tilled—whether upon a tract of soil upon Aéreth’s surface or in the fungal forests in its subterranean depths. The vast majority of her followers are simple farmers and commoners who owe their livelihood to the land’s bounty. Many villages erect stone shrines at the hub of their communities as a place for divine supplication.

Priests and priestesses of Denithae typically wear earthen tones, and no particular vestments are required in the faith, save one: at least one garment, be it a sash, scarf, or shirt, must be black. To Denithaens, black is the color of death, which they acknowledge as a natural and seasonal phase of life. Adventuring clerics of Denithae favor light armors, and usually wear black leather bracers. Village-dwelling druids and rangers who revere the Lady of the Field usually choose domesticated animal companions, such as dogs, horses, ponies, or owls. Underdeep followers of Denithae know her as Shav’lar, the Gathering Queen, whose mushroom bounties provide food, medicine, and even poison.

The domains associated with Denithae are Earth, Plant, and Protection. Her favored weapon is the sickle or scythe. Among surface dwellers, Denithae’s symbol is a bundle of wheat bound with leather strips, while beneath Aéreth’s surface she is recognized by a mushroom-shaped sigil.
The details of any other gods may come in some other form (rather than pasted in this thread).
Hope this helps? :D
Crazyjose
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Crazyjose »

:D Cool! Thanks for posting the info. Goodman Games Rocks. I will put a a Denithae cleric to as an NPC at Dundraville.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

OK,

I've been motivated to laminate and hang mine now. Of course I've been waiting until the winter fully sets in and I can convert my upstairs garage area to a gaming room. Just got the 18,500 BTU window AC unit yesterday.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

@Jeff
Thanks! Totally what I was looking for. :)
Last edited by AstroCat on Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Crazyjose wrote::D Cool! Thanks for posting the info. Goodman Games Rocks. I will put a a Denithae cleric to as an NPC at Dundraville.
Same here. :)

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”