It Arrived!!!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

It Arrived!!!

Post by Black Dougal »

The black cover with gold foil combined with the size of the tome is just awesome. It looks like something that should be sitting in a dungeon somewhere surrounded by several layers of containment wards and traps.

I absolutely love it!

Great job on the layout and binding. This is probably the most evocative RPG book I have ever owned. It has an aura of malevolence.

It reminds me of a certain black book which appeared in a pair of adventures which Harley ran at GenghisCon in 2011.
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: It Arrived!!!

Post by Harley Stroh »

Black Dougal wrote:This is probably the most evocative RPG book I have ever owned. It has an aura of malevolence.

It reminds me of a certain black book which appeared in a pair of adventures which Harley ran at GenghisCon in 2011.
That was one of my favorite sessions, ever.

Colorado has been DCC'd! Hopefully Geof will get his soon.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
caveman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by caveman »

Got it in California!
It is a big book.
I got the regular cover, was a little jealous of all the heavy metal cover, but it looks great, a kinda misty picture.
Of course, I've already read the thing... now I wanna play with instead of pdfs!
dc
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Huzzah!

(Maybe that means that Joseph finally got his copies. :twisted: )

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Post by Black Dougal »

caveman wrote:It is a big book.
With the exception of HERO System Fred (5th Edition Revised) it is the biggest (as in shelf space) self-contained RPG rule book that I have ever owned.

Now I need to some sort of lectern (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lectern) engraved with all sorts of evil-looking sigils to use as a display stand for the book. :twisted:
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh

Return to “DCC RPG General”