Turn Unholy, Lay on Hands and Disapproval table query. . .

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Blustar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Turn Unholy, Lay on Hands and Disapproval table query. . .

Post by Blustar »

Both Turn Unholy and Lay on Hands require a spell check but only state in their explanation that they increase the Disapproval range and not that they force a roll on the Disapproval table on a failure.

However, the the Disapproval table states, " each and every time a cleric rolls a natural 1 on a spell check, he must roll on table 5-7: Disapproval". So does falling within the disapproval range still generate a roll on the disapproval table? and does it increase the disaproval range twice? Once for failing and another for falling within the range?

The table also states that the roll is reduced by the Cleric's luck modifier. Why is this not mentioned in the Clerics uses for Luck?

thanks,

Alex
shadewest
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Turn Unholy, Lay on Hands and Disapproval table query. .

Post by shadewest »

Yes, spells, turn unholy, and lay on hands all contribute to the disapproval range on a failure. All three actions also trigger disapproval any time a spell check falls within the disapproval range. Any failure on a spell check adds to the disapproval range, but only a natural roll on the die within the range triggers a disapproval roll. Any number within the disapproval ranges is automatically a failure, but a failure within the disapproval range does not contribute more than one point to increasing the range, unless the judge says otherwise.
...unless the judge rules otherwise.

Steven Thivierge
Playtester and additional design for:DCC RPG.
Blustar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Turn Unholy, Lay on Hands and Disapproval table query. .

Post by Blustar »

I didn't realize that every time you failed it increased the range, I thought it was only when you rolled within the range when the range would be increased. ( Somehow I misread that) Anyways, this makes clerical spells and abilities much more dangerous and exciting. No more healing battery without fail. I really like this mechanic, simple, thematic and fun.

Return to “Rules discussion”