Actions : others activities

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Actions : others activities

Post by raskal »

The rule says that "Draw or sheathe a weapon", "Equip or drop a shield", "Open a door" actions can be included as part of a movement action.
But i do not understand how it's works ?
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Actions : others activities

Post by raskal »

Another question on action : a character can use 1 action to declare a charge. In order to charge, he must move at least half his speed.
This means that with a Charge action the character move and attack ? (or use a Move action and if in contact use an attack action but with +2 ?)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

raskal wrote:The rule says that "Draw or sheathe a weapon", "Equip or drop a shield", "Open a door" actions can be included as part of a movement action.
Example: If you are moving, you can draw a weapon while doing so.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
abk108
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by abk108 »

raskal wrote:Another question on action : a character can use 1 action to declare a charge. In order to charge, he must move at least half his speed.
This means that with a Charge action the character move and attack ? (or use a Move action and if in contact use an attack action but with +2 ?)
I would say so. Charge is just a more aggressive attack, that needs some momentum to be effective. So yes, you have to move at least half your speed with your move action, then attack as normal but with charge modifiers.
Author of Arcanix RPG - fantasy medieval d6 system
learn more :
http://arcanixrpg.webs.com
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
raskal wrote:The rule says that "Draw or sheathe a weapon", "Equip or drop a shield", "Open a door" actions can be included as part of a movement action.
Thanks. But this count as 2 actions ?
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

raskal wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:
Thanks. But this count as 2 actions ?
No, it is "included as part of a movement action." Ergo, one action.
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

jmucchiello wrote: No, it is "included as part of a movement action." Ergo, one action.
Without reduction of movement ?
So i can move+draw a weapon and attack in the same turn ?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

raskal wrote:
jmucchiello wrote: No, it is "included as part of a movement action." Ergo, one action.
Correct.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

raskal wrote:
Are you not able to pull your wallet out of your pocket while maintaining a steady pace walking? Same concept.
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

jmucchiello wrote:Are you not able to pull your wallet out of your pocket while maintaining a steady pace walking? Same concept.
Perhaps more easily than run toward an ugly ennemy, drawing my sword and attack him :twisted:
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Some people in the western New York region are incapable of such feats! Walking and chewing gum is asking for a skill check!
Mintaro
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mintaro »

the easiest way to think of the way an action works is to ask yourself, "what can I do?". For example, if you wanted to move through a door it really doesn't take much time to grab a handle and pull (since very few middle aged doors had real knobs and latches), then continue through. Also if you think about how far they are moving each round (average of 60 feet). Measure out 60 feet in the yard or on the street and see how much you can do while moving that distance.

Its a good way to handle non standard types of action (like lighting some nearby drapes on fire, or tossing a gold piece to a passing witness).

Return to “Rules discussion”