Second Run of DCC #12.5 1E Version

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Second Run of DCC #12.5 1E Version

Post by goodmangames »

Hello everyone,

Well, it was another great Gen Con, with lots of fun had by all. We had a terrific time, and got great feedback on the tournament, DCC boxed set, new DCC minis, Xcrawl: Necromerica, "Mysteries of the Occult", the DCC-Midnight Syndicate crossover -- and the 1E adaptation of DCC #12.5. This one in particular proved far more popular than I expected of a module with a potential audience that's a small fraction of our 3E modules. But that audience appears to be ravenous!

Since there were so many disappointed 1E fans at Gen Con, I'm doing a second print run on this title. Here's how it will work.

Pre-Order Period: I will take preorders until September 15.

Print Run: On September 16 I will print a number of copies equal to the print run plus a small additional quantity. Fans who place a preorder are guaranteed a copy. All orders after September 15 will be delivered on a first-come, first-served basis and are not guaranteed.

Delivery Time: The modules will be delivered in mid-October, depending on printer lead times and the postal service.

Where to Buy: From the Goodman Games web store:
http://www.goodman-games.com/store.php

Any questions, post here...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
grodog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by grodog »

Hi Joseph---

Will there be any diffrences between the first and second printings of the 1e module?
grodog
---
Allan.
grodog@gmail.com
Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Joseph,

The question has come up several times. Will the .pdf for the 1E version be made available for sale?

Thanks,

tj
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hi guys,

Answering both questions:

Differences: There are a couple typos that will be fixed in the 2nd printing.

PDF: Yes, a PDF edition will be available after the 2nd printing ships (around mid-October).
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

Any chance of doing a small run of this module without the typo fixes? A literal 'extra print run' indistinguishable from the one sold at GenCon? What would be the smallest number of pre-ordered copies needed to do this non-corrected print run?
harami2000
Gongfarmer

Post by harami2000 »

guslandt wrote:Any chance of doing a small run of this module without the typo fixes? A literal 'extra print run' indistinguishable from the one sold at GenCon? What would be the smallest number of pre-ordered copies needed to do this non-corrected print run?
*lol*

Actually, to be honest, it would be simplicity to run off another 40-50 "indistinguishable" copies at $30-40 a pop and sell those in no time at all... just call that a half-way-house to those "collectors" who failed to secure their "1st print" copies at GenCon.
So long as the total number doesn't go much above 100, I doubt there will be many complaints since the higher price wouldn't compromise their "investment" and a reprint isn't "new" by any means following the extra 17(?) copies on 20.5.

Just a thought, anyhow... ^^

d.
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Any chance of doing a small run of this module without the typo fixes? A literal 'extra print run' indistinguishable from the one sold at GenCon? What would be the smallest number of pre-ordered copies needed to do this non-corrected print run?
LOL!

Yeah, where is the sign-up sheet for that one!

Joseph,

Thank you for the info on the .pdf version. And thank you for making the .pdf available.

tacojohn4547
Harley Stroh's 1E lackey
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

And thank you Senor Taco for the excellent 1E module.

BTW, could you link me to the forum in the Aceaum that is pissing and moaning about the small print run. As a collector I'd love to hear what they have to say.

Rockin module Lord of Mexican Food!!!!

Ben "do I win something for guessing the tournament winner?" Waxman

p.s. You should ask Joe to post the maps that I made for you to share with the community! Pretty and DEADLY!!! Like peanut butter and chocolate!
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Calling Superfan:

Here is the linky. Note that the linky is to page 7 of the thread, which is now up to page 10, and is entitled GenCon, It is about time? (Not all 10 pages are about the 1E Iron Crypt, thank God.)

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=120

The pissin' and moanin' begins a page or two before page 7, and I believe it continues on after page 7 as well. I haven't kept up with the later posts, so I don't know how many pages refer to the 1E Iron Crypt conspiracy. heh

You sound like you got a copy of the module from The Man. Is that right? If so, then I'm glad you like it. It does indeed rock.

BTW, did you get my email entitled GenCon report, par deux, and the follow-up emails? I had pretty good session by session write ups, IMHO. In the later email, I included the feedback I got on the event evaluations. It makes for good reading.

tacojohn4547
Harley Stroh's 1E lackey
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Yes Master Burrito, I did indeed get the stories from your module. Hilarious and informative reading.

Kept thinking while I was reading "thank god I mapped the module instead of playing IN the module"

I would have made those deaths from the punk kid/Ranger look like play from Clan Yeoman. :D

Don't have the module yet, but I'm hopeful. Still, If I don't get mine, it will be fun to listen to the moans of others.

Rock on Lord Enchilada!

Ben
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

This looks like another pick up for me.
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

My order is away!
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

I ordered 3 of them off the bat, but I'm thinking of picking up a dozen more. A few years from now I could see a lot of people finding out about this module and wanting one.
Anyone else think so?
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

guslandt wrote:
I ordered 3 of them off the bat, but I'm thinking of picking up a dozen more. A few years from now I could see a lot of people finding out about this module and wanting one.
Anyone else think so?

Well, I'm probably biased...(heh!)...But, yeah, I think this module will only become more sought after as time passes. I had planned on buying quite a few extra copies, but some of the folks that I was buying for ordered their own copies.

So, as it turns out I ordered a bakers dozen (13 copies), only 7 of which are to go to specific people. The remaining half dozen are for me to hold onto for a while. I may place another "speculative" order before the order cutoff.

tacojohn4547
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Those guys at the Aceaum were a bit hot under the collar but they seem to be cooling down with time. I'm trying to soothe their savagery by offering to mail any disappointed collectors copies of all my modules. However, they must mail me a signed affidavit of support for Goodman Games first.

Sigh......the work of a "superfan" is never done.
:)

p.s. If nothing else, I think the interest in this conversion module proves that Goodman Games should continue to support limited prints of conversions of some of their best modules. I'd buy them, and I know that many others would as well. Let's hope Joe gives the idea some thought.

Ben "superfan" Waxman
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I don't care that they are ticked off. I was ticked off that they bought so many I didn't have a chance to get one. So now I get one! :D
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Where do we pay for this? I can't find link for the 1e version.

edit:
I just bought the version listed in store and put note in paypal payment that I wanted the 1e version.

edit:
Crud. Just saw the link for the 1E version. Oh well. I guess I will have both version on the way now...
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

PeelSeel2 wrote:Where do we pay for this? I can't find link for the 1e version.

edit:
I just bought the version listed in store and put note in paypal payment that I wanted the 1e version.

edit:
Crud. Just saw the link for the 1E version. Oh well. I guess I will have both version on the way now...
I'll email you about sorting this out.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
grodog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by grodog »

How many preorders for the 2nd printing did you take, Joseph?
grodog
---
Allan.
grodog@gmail.com
Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Printed yet?

Post by ChristinaStiles »

I ordered 2 of these. Have they gone to the printers yet? Didn't see any notes about them on the site, and I was just wondering when to expect.
Christina Stiles
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle, DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut, DCC #49: Palace in the Wastes; Dragonmech: The Last City, 2nd Age of Walkers, Steam Warriors
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I'm supposed to receive them from the printer this week. As soon as I get them, they'll be shipped out to customers!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

How is the shipping going? I'm looking forward to seeing this module in all it's 1st edition AD&D glory. (That's still the best incarnation of the game!)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Most of them have gone out already, earlier this week. Unfortunately there were some damages to part of the shipment so they couldn't all go out! I can't help but think, "What else can go wrong?" Luckily, the printer is very understanding; they are sending replacements via overnight delivery, so by next week all orders should be shipped.
Last edited by goodmangames on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Thanks for the reply. Working in a bookstore, I know all about damages to printed material. I swear we have ogres working part-time in various freighting companies!
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

Can't wait to get mine. 1e, baby! Never tohught I'd live to see the day.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team

Return to “Goodman Games General”