Dare I?

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bat
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Dare I?

Post by bat »

edit: On second thought and closer inspection. I believe that this isn't the game for me.
Last edited by bat on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Dare I?

Post by ragboy »

bat wrote:Give me a gnome, a bard and serpent people and I am in. I am assuming that I can convert things from my blog without too much trouble to DCC? It is an oldschool blog.
edit: druid is built in. Yay.
The only one I feel like is missing is the Monk.. .but the Fighter can be a monk without much trouble -- just a few sets of MDoA will fix that.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
reverenddak

Re: Dare I?

Post by reverenddak »

Yup. The simplicity of DCC RPG characters is one of its greatest strengths. The 4 core classes provide enough to mix and match to create new classes without any problems, but also goes to show how solid the core classes are and how sub-classes are mostly just flavor. There is nothing from stopping a high-dex warrior from fighting with two-weapons, and those weapons being his fists. Add Mighty deeds to that damage, and you got a really powerful punch. Make a few exceptions to the rules, say if he never uses a weapon, his bare hands can scale up the Dice Chain as he levels, something like that.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons

Return to “Characters”