Converting MMORPG Classes:Lord of the Rings Online's Captain

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bat
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Converting MMORPG Classes:Lord of the Rings Online's Captain

Post by bat »

I would like to offer the Captain from Lord of the Rings Online as a class for DCC. Sort of a tank, sort of a healer, I believe that the term 'combat manager' is accurate and explains the sort of mindset that a player needs, not just for combat, but for all exploration and really, encounters. Any pointers on how I would make this guy into a DCC Class? Any advice appreciated.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Converting MMORPG Classes:Lord of the Rings Online's Cap

Post by Ravenheart87 »

bat wrote:I would like to offer the Captain from Lord of the Rings Online as a class for DCC. Sort of a tank, sort of a healer, I believe that the term 'combat manager' is accurate and explains the sort of mindset that a player needs, not just for combat, but for all exploration and really, encounters. Any pointers on how I would make this guy into a DCC Class? Any advice appreciated.
LotRO's captain is esentially the same as the paladin of other MMOs. I would give him less Hit Dice, some bonus when using Rallying Maneuver, perhaps the Lay Hands ability of a cleric with half effect, lower Action Dice progression.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “Characters”