Giant Snake

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Giant Snake

Post by Harley Stroh »

By comparing the sizes and shapes of its fossilized vertebrae to those of extant snakes, researchers estimated T. cerrejonensis reached a maximum length of 12 to 15 m (40 to 50 ft), weighed about 1,135 kg (2,500 lb), and measured about 1 m (3 ft) in diameter at the thickest part of the body.
http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/site/ ... ster-snake

I'm looking out the window at the river right now, trying to imagine what to do if a 40' snake came slithering out of the woods. Fun stuff.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Giant Snake

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Food! :lol:
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Experience Points!

(or if you're in Vornheim, Spells and Ancient history!)
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

After watching that I definitely need to redo the giant snake stats for my home game. :twisted:

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

When I run Conan camapaigns, one of the first monsters I reach for is the giant snake. With so many of them slithering around Hyboria, how do you suppose common folk ever survive? :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

finarvyn wrote:When I run Conan camapaigns, one of the first monsters I reach for is the giant snake. With so many of them slithering around Hyboria, how do you suppose common folk ever survive? :lol:
Snakes that giant probably sleep for years after a big meal... :)
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile

Return to “Judges' Forum”