PDF Support

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Talath
Far-Sighted Wanderer

PDF Support

Post by Talath »

Will there be a PDF of the main book, and if so, will we see it sooner than the print version? Also, do pre-order people get a free PDF (if there is one) or do they have to purchase it separately?
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Re: PDF Support

Post by Black Dougal »

Checkout DriveThruRPG. Goodman has a bunch of stuff there, including the Free RPG Day 2011 adventure starter. My guess is that the rulebook and modules will be released there.
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, the "other" part of pre-ordering will be early access to the PDF. RPGNow.com has an easy way to allow me to do this. Check the main GG web site in a couple days for a little more detail on the pre-order offer but in short, the moment I send the book to the printer (i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production), pre-order customers will get a PDF edition to start chewing on while they await the hard copy. As long as the pre-order is placed by April 1, this offer will apply.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
moes1980
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by moes1980 »

goodmangames wrote:Yes, the "other" part of pre-ordering will be early access to the PDF. RPGNow.com has an easy way to allow me to do this. Check the main GG web site in a couple days for a little more detail on the pre-order offer but in short, the moment I send the book to the printer (i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production), pre-order customers will get a PDF edition to start chewing on while they await the hard copy. As long as the pre-order is placed by April 1, this offer will apply.

Does this include pre-orders for the limited edition book? I am guessing it probably does but I thought I would ask to make sure
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

moes1980 wrote:Does this include pre-orders for the limited edition book? I am guessing it probably does but I thought I would ask to make sure
Yes, "This offer is valid with pre-orders of both the regular color-cover version of DCC RPG and the limited edition gold foil cover. "
http://goodman-games.com/dccrpgpreorder ... offer.html
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
fjw70
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by fjw70 »

goodmangames wrote:(i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production)
Any word when that day will be? :D

I am assuming sometime in March, but didn't know if you could be more specific.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

As the guy who once accidentally statted out a grab attack for an armless worm, I promise that the only thing worse than sending a book off to print late, is sending one off too early.

Hope to share progress soon!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

Armless, legless knight (AC: 10, hp: 432, Atk: Bite (1d2), Spec Atk: Bleeds on you (no damage, just messy), Spec Atk: Taunt (DC 15 Wis check to not become enraged and attack knight))
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

fjw70 wrote:
goodmangames wrote:(i.e., everything is completely done and we're just waiting on the physical production)

I'll let you know as soon as I know. :) Literally every day is spent working on DCC RPG right now -- just trying to get everything perfect...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Talath
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Talath »

goodmangames wrote:
fjw70 wrote:

I'll let you know as soon as I know. :) Literally every day is spent working on DCC RPG right now -- just trying to get everything perfect...
One day it will be mine, and I will laugh in the faces of those who do not have it, and in my heart I will scorn them.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

Harley Stroh wrote:As the guy who once accidentally statted out a grab attack for an armless worm, I promise that the only thing worse than sending a book off to print late, is sending one off too early.

Hope to share progress soon!

//H
:lol: My personal favorite is the long and very detailed description of a room that for some reason does not include a description of the three monsters that live there. It always makes me laugh when I get to the DM stuff only to find a stat block for a monster that wasn't in the rooms description.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

goodmangames wrote:
fjw70 wrote:

I am keenly interested in getting my grubby little hands on this as well. I pre-ordered this week at Dueling Grounds here in Toronto, where I agreed to run a DCC RPG event on Free RPG Day (Saturday, June 16th, and if you live in the area, this game seems to allow for large parties, and I've agreed to run the event twice [or possibly two separate events] so you should definitely consider coming on out!).

Obviously, the more time I have to digest the full rules before publicly running them, the happier I will be. I am also considering the possibility of writing a 0-lvl funnel adventure for Free RPG Day (as well as running whatever is provided), or a 1st level follow-up to a provided 0-lvl funnel if that is what is provided, that the survivors (+ others who want to try the game) can then take on.

I ran the first FRPGD 0-lvl funnel module for my son and oldest daughter last year, and they made it through with only two deaths (plus dead livestock, which they were lucky to have, and -- despite never having played older D&D -- seemed to understand the potential uses of).

When I ran the same adventure last night for a friend, no one survived beyond Area 3. But, then, none of those characters had livestock that they could sacrifice, and the dice fell differently. :D

RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Thorynn
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Thorynn »

Will there be PDFs of the modules as well?

Also, if there were a bundle of PDFs the first few DCCRPG modules (say #67-#74 or so) at a discount/bulk price, I would buy that immediately.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Thorynn wrote:Will there be PDFs of the modules as well?

Also, if there were a bundle of PDFs the first few DCCRPG modules (say #67-#74 or so) at a discount/bulk price, I would buy that immediately.
Yes there will be PDF's available of the modules as well. No plans for a bundle deal.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC RPG General”