DCC Hardcover?!

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

DCC Hardcover?!

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

:shock: Is this true? How come it isn't on the upcoming releases? B&N claim the book will ship in ... 3 days. :shock:
Product Details:
The Adventure Begins
ISBN: 097707384X
Format: Hardcover, 160pp
Pub. Date: March 2006
Publisher: Goodman Games
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... m=1&pers=n

...goes home to warm up his dice. Can I give them my money or is there a mixup someplace?
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

I'm only responding to this because I know Joseph's prepping for GTS this coming week, and may not be able to respond to the question right away. So consider this the "unofficial" response. :)

Yes, it's true. "The Adventure Begins" is a honest-to-goodness product, and is hardcover. It's been addressed before in the following thread:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=610

However ... rest assured it is not coming out in the next 3 days. Probably sometime in the next few months, but definitely not a March release.

I'd suggest waiting for Joseph to make the official announcement regarding "The Adventure Begins" before ordering it.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Thank you Mr. Ferguson!

Do you know the adventures at all? I loved the Emerald Cobra and am dying for more DCC goodness. Twenty adventures? That's a steal!
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

I know of exactly one ... the one I wrote. :) There's a number of other DCC authors who I respect greatly contributed as well.

More details will be forthcoming in the next few weeks, I'd imagine ...
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Make that two....I wrote one as well. :D

And the esteemed Mr. Stroh has, I believe, two of 'em in there.

And yeah, I can't wait till it comes out, too. But not so imminently. Amazon is funny that way.
Napftor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Napftor »

Make that three. ;)
Bret Boyd
Freelance Writer
------------------------
Tricky Owlbear Publishing
Freelancer's Rest (my blog)
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Ye Gods! What esteemed company!

Any teasers for us common folk? Every DCC cover comes with a synopsis, so no harm in that, is there?
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

I got one in there too, but I'd hardly call meself "esteemed company".
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

i'm especially keen to find out when this is coming out, as I wrote a few of the adventures in the collection -- and can't wait to see what sort of handouts and artwork accompany the scenarios... This has been a project I've been excited about ever since Joseph first mentioned the concept. I run far more 1st level adventures than any others...
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

So...........any hints about what the adventures will be about?

Please? Pretty please?
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:So...........any hints about what the adventures will be about?

Please? Pretty please?
It's a hardcover compilation of... wait for it... classic dungeon crawling adventures! But wait -- there's more! It's a cooperative project from a bevy of different authors. But that's not all!! They're especially geared toward-- Ack! *thud*

(falls unconcious as he's whacked in the back of the head by the GG secret police)
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hey guys,

Yes, it's true: DCC #29 is a hardback compilation of twenty 1st-level adventures. Featuring all-new cover art by Jim Roslof! It's scheduled for May release. Look for more details on the web site soon...

-- Joseph
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

Sweet! Is it foolish of me to want to buy the adventures just for the cover art? Can't wait for the "upcoming releases" to be updated, so we can get out pre-orders in.
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

*ROTFL* Trained monkeys? I'm not sure my players will ever live down the ignominy of being slaughtered by trained monkeys. :twisted:

Can’t wait to buy this one! The first DCC Hardcover?

Yes, please.

Will all the authors be attending GenCon? I’d love to get all their signatures on the inside cover.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

IMHO This should be the first volume in a series. I'd love a collection of short adventures for levels 4-6 (expert), then 7-9 (companion) and 10-12 (masters!).

All the way up to Name Level.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hey, that's a great idea to do a series of hardbacks for progressive levels. I'll keep that in mind.

I know several of the authors ARE attending Gen Con. Maybe I'll have to set up a signing...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Like mythfish, I'm not entirely sure I count as "esteemed company", but I had a few in there as well.

And FEAR the trained monkeys!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”