Other Etherscope conversions?

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

el diablo robotico
Ill-Fated Peasant

Other Etherscope conversions?

Post by el diablo robotico »

Other than the WoD conversion mentioned in another thread, anyone think about converting Etherscope to any other systems? There are two systems out there that seem like they would be a natural - True20 and Savage Worlds. I'm going to be running an Etherscope game at a one-shot day in my city for local gamers and I'm going to attempt to do a True20 conversion for that. Shouldn't take a huge amount of effort. Especially since it's a one-shot and I'll only have to be worried about what I'm gonna use.

But after that, I'm gonna seriously look at converting for Savage Worlds. I just got that game last week and I really like what I see. I bet Etherscope would port over pretty well.
jamat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jamat »

I agree it probably would translate into Savage world with little difficulty. BUT then why would you it's a great game as it is and one of the better uses of the OGL I've seen in a while (though the best still has to be Mutants and Masterminds)

I say leave it as it is and enjoy it the way it was meant to be.

P.S. if you do do a conversion post it I'd still like to see how you did it :D

Jamat
Malladin_Nigel
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Malladin_Nigel »

Hi

When I get my hands on a hard copy I'm going to play around a True20 conversion, big M&M fan. Let us know how you go, though can't help much with savage worlds as don't know the system.
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

were i to convert it

Post by tadk »

either some homegrown system to preserve the background

or Fuzion or Cyberpunk 2020 for the deadliness and ease to port tech stuff...
el diablo robotico
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by el diablo robotico »

jamat wrote:I agree it probably would translate into Savage world with little difficulty. BUT then why would you it's a great game as it is and one of the better uses of the OGL I've seen in a while (though the best still has to be Mutants and Masterminds)

I say leave it as it is and enjoy it the way it was meant to be.

P.S. if you do do a conversion post it I'd still like to see how you did it :D
I just like fiddling. I like doing conversions. Also, there are several things that I don't much like about OGL that both True20 and Savage Worlds fixes.

Both conversions seem like they'd be pretty easy. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Oh and I thought of another conversion that would be neat, and seems almost obvious, although it would take quite a bit of work - Shadowrun!
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Shadowrun

Post by tadk »

I dont have 4th edition yet
money issues
But it should be pretty darn easy to wing it
Just need essence rules for the different ethertech implants
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

not an actual conversion

Post by tadk »

but for some local gamers working on a more steampunk (no magic, no psionics, etc) setting

if anyone wants what i have done so far to see if you want it for your ES game msg me an email addy and specify Word Doc or PDF

all OGL of course

thanks
Tad

Return to “Etherscope”