Any news on the newest DCC adventures?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Any news on the newest DCC adventures?

Post by MrHemlocks »

Hello

Just curiouse as to how the newest adventures will be released and in what style. I remember D&D The Keep on the Bordelands as being my first adventure. It gave our new characters a place to call home while adventuring...tons of fun.

Has there been any rumors as to what adventures will be published after DCC is released? Would be neat if something like the Keep on the Borderlands was one of them. :P

The Keep On The Borderlands – Revisited

http://www.dndcorner.com/downloads/Modu ... dition.pdf
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Any news on the newest DCC adventures?

Post by Harley Stroh »

We have a slew of adventures in the hopper. I don't have the official list with me at the moment, but at some point you can expect to see:
  • People of the Pit
  • The Emerald Sorcerer
  • The 13th Skull
  • Beyond the Black Gate
  • Blades Against Death
  • Jewels of the Carnifex
  • Sailors on the Starless Sea

... among some super-cool releases by new authors that I'm not sure I can share yet. Joseph is in the process of finishing the covers and they look dynamite.

You can see some of the covers on our GaryCon flyer:

http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... 1Flyer.pdf

And yes, Keep on the Borderlands was one of my favorites, too. I love that adventure. So much so, that we wrote something very much in a similar vein: Into the Wilds.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Nice, Harley! I've seen some of these, but your list is a lot more extenive that any I've heard about. This is sounding better and better! 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

finarvyn wrote:Nice, Harley! I've seen some of these, but your list is a lot more extenive that any I've heard about. This is sounding better and better! 8)
Yeah, I cannot wait for him to release the new covers. They are really looking great. And the adventures themselves are really, really well done.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

Do you know about how much the adventures are going to sell for?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Great question. Not my corner of the company, so I'll see if the boss can't shed some light on anticipated pricing. (That said, I suspect you can expect something in the range of the current DCCs, page/penny ratio wise.)

//H

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Harley Stroh wrote:
finarvyn wrote:Nice, Harley! I've seen some of these, but your list is a lot more extenive that any I've heard about. This is sounding better and better! 8)
Yeah, I cannot wait for him to release the new covers. They are really looking great. And the adventures themselves are really, really well done.

//H

One of the first adventures I ever played was The Keep on the Borderlands...simply loved it! Do you know how compatible your adventure Hackmaster: Little Keep on the Borderlands will be with DCC core rules?

Also, do you have a picture of the map(s) used in the Hackmaster: Little Keep on the Borderlands?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

MrHemlocks wrote:One of the first adventures I ever played was The Keep on the Borderlands...simply loved it! Do you know how compatible your adventure Hackmaster: Little Keep on the Borderlands will be with DCC core rules?

Also, do you have a picture of the map(s) used in the Hackmaster: Little Keep on the Borderlands?
Little Keep was done by the fine folks at Kenzer & Co, so I don't have any of the maps. As for compatibility, I'd have to check, but I can't imagine that converting them would be too difficult.

That said, I *do* have some pretty sweet isometric maps for Into the Wilds:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... =13&t=1324

//H

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Harley Stroh wrote:
MrHemlocks wrote:One of the first adventures I ever played was The Keep on the Borderlands...simply loved it! Do you know how compatible your adventure Hackmaster: Little Keep on the Borderlands will be with DCC core rules?

Little Keep was done by the fine folks at Kenzer & Co, so I don't have any of the maps. As for compatibility, I'd have to check, but I can't imagine that converting them would be too difficult.

That said, I *do* have some pretty sweet isometric maps for Into the Wilds:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... =13&t=1324

//H

Wow...those like nice! If only I had those 30 years ago)))

Now check these out... http://www.whitewolfbrigade.com/Strongh ... _KOTB.html
Keraptis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Keraptis »

Harley Stroh wrote:... among some super-cool releases by new authors that I'm not sure I can share yet.
New authors?

I hope you have some by the old DCC authors too!!!! (Pommier, Doyle, Ferguson, Maffei, Hind, LaSalle and so on.)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Since the modules are very close to being announced anyway, here is a sneak peak of the cover art. DCC RPG adventures have very short stat blocks and the result is manuscript word counts that are much lower than 4E or 3E modules. None of these have gone to layout yet so I'm not 100% sure of the final page counts but I will be announcing them all as 24 pages because I anticipate something in that range based on the word count. Target price is $9.99 but that may change by a dollar or two depending on how each module's final page count fleshes out. Look for full details on these (including blurbs and such) on the main web site in about a week.

Note that the last two covers below aren't finished - they are mockups (as noted) and Doug is painting away feverishly trying to finish them up!

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

I love the names of these adventures. They seem pulled straight from Howard or Lieber.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

goodmangames wrote:Since the modules are very close to being announced anyway, here is a sneak peak of the cover art. DCC RPG adventures have very short stat blocks and the result is manuscript word counts that are much lower than 4E or 3E modules. None of these have gone to layout yet so I'm not 100% sure of the final page counts but I will be announcing them all as 24 pages because I anticipate something in that range based on the word count. Target price is $9.99 but that may change by a dollar or two depending on how each module's final page count fleshes out. Look for full details on these (including blurbs and such) on the main web site in about a week.

Note that the last two covers below aren't finished - they are mockups (as noted) and Doug is painting away feverishly trying to finish them up!

Wow...those look nice. I really like the afro the warrior has on the last modual)))))))))
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

MrHemlocks wrote:

Wow...those look nice. I really like the afro the warrior has on the last modual)))))))))
Yeah, the cover from Blades is one of my favorite so far. I can't wait to see the final art.

//H

Keraptis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Keraptis »

Keraptis wrote:I hope you have some by the old DCC authors too!!!! (Pommier, Doyle, Ferguson, Maffei, Hind, LaSalle and so on.)
I don't see any of the names I mentioned above on any of the new modules. Thats a real shame. :(

Those guys were a big reason why I became a big DCC fan before. Especially Adrian Pommier and Chris Doyle, since Castle Whiterock ruled. And Adrian was the best at GenCon, running the tournament.

If they were involved in this new game I'd be more willing to give it a shot. But I havent seen any of them involved in the development threads so I'm guessing not. Hopefully I'm wrong and they're working on later modules?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

Glad to finally see the cover art. It will be really sweet to have so much product support for the RPG so quickly!
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

Keraptis wrote:
Keraptis wrote:I hope you have some by the old DCC authors too!!!! (Pommier, Doyle, Ferguson, Maffei, Hind, LaSalle and so on.)
I don't see any of the names I mentioned above on any of the new modules. Thats a real shame. :(

Those guys were a big reason why I became a big DCC fan before. Especially Adrian Pommier and Chris Doyle, since Castle Whiterock ruled. And Adrian was the best at GenCon, running the tournament.

If they were involved in this new game I'd be more willing to give it a shot. But I havent seen any of them involved in the development threads so I'm guessing not. Hopefully I'm wrong and they're working on later modules?
I have no inside information about this, but in general once a writer gets on the schedule for a company they tend to have that inside track on later writing. If they do a good job, which the authors you listed have clearly done. I suspect that once the Goodman Games floodgates open for RPG support that we'll see quite a few familar names return.
Marv / Finarvyn

-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Harley Stroh wrote:
MrHemlocks wrote:

Yeah, the cover from Blades is one of my favorite so far. I can't wait to see the final art.

//H
That font for "Blades Againt Death" look like old-school heavy metal. Nice.
Keraptis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Keraptis »

finarvyn wrote: I have no inside information about this, but in general once a writer gets on the schedule for a company they tend to have that inside track on later writing. If they do a good job, which the authors you listed have clearly done. I suspect that once the Goodman Games floodgates open for RPG support that we'll see quite a few familar names return.
I hope so. I just wish Joseph or Harley could confirm this.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Don't read too much into who happened to write the first 8 modules that are announced.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

The adventure titles and covers (even as mock-ups) are mind-blowingly fantastic.

Assuming I don't get laid off like I was for several months a few years back...you guys have my money for all of these.

Say, you gonna do the subscription thing again?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Glad you like them, OgrePuppy. :)

I forgot to mention - the full blurbs are now available on the main web site:

http://www.goodman-games.com/dccrpg.html

Subscription: haven't decided yet...maybe. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

goodmangames wrote:Subscription: haven't decided yet...maybe. :)
I'd enjoy a subscription. It would be kind of like getting a monthly magazine, only it would be modules. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn

-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
Geoffrey
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Geoffrey »

finarvyn wrote:
goodmangames wrote:Subscription: haven't decided yet...maybe. :)
I'd enjoy a subscription. It would be kind of like getting a monthly magazine, only it would be modules. 8)
With the right discount, I'd certainly consider subscribing. :D
Click here to purchase my five AD&D modules.
Each of these modules is self-contained. No other books are required other than the three AD&D rulebooks (or a similar set of rules if you prefer).
Click here to purchase prints of Luigi Castellani's cover art for these modules.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

I would subscribe as well. :D
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

Return to “DCC RPG General”