You must all watch this movie!

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Warmonger
Ill-Fated Peasant

You must all watch this movie!

Post by Warmonger »

So, yeah, I finally got around to watching one of my Christmas presents, the DVD of Steamboy. I knew it'd fit with DragonMech, because, well, duh! But I had no idea it would fit so well and be so good at the same time! It had soldiers marching around in hydraulic armor, the title character (in the space of five minutes) basically built the steam jet steam power from scrap, and his father is a freakin' steamborg! It had everything but giant steam powered walkers; until the last few minutes anyway :D This movie is now required viewing for anyone who wishes to play in my DragonMech games. I highly recommend that everyone here try and get your hands on this movie! And as additional enticement, for any anime fans here, it's directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, the director of Akira. Big fun, please watch!
Orin
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Orin »

On reflection it seemed more a mash of DragonMech and Etherscope (or Etherscope with steam powers).

I think it goes a little over the top in the last half an hour, but it is still enjoyable to watch ;-)
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

i saw the trailer for that, and i agree that it's something taht is a must see...

(must see... i wonder if the local suncoast has it... they're usually pretty quick with having releases, but i havn't seen it)
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}

Return to “DragonMech”