Paragon Punjar & World of Aereth

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Syffin
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Paragon Punjar & World of Aereth

Post by Syffin »

First off I want to say thanks to everybody at Goodman Games, I love you guys stuff and I can't wait to come down to Gen Con and pick up a bunch of the new stuff. I wanted to say that I loved Blackdirge’s Dungeon Denizens. The book is beautiful and the monsters are very cool. The artwork, as usual with Goodman Games products, was sweet. I could go on and on about Critter Cache, Level Up, and the Hero's Handbook: Dragonborn as well as the DCC's that I own but I really don't want to distract you all too much from producing the awesome products that I have been enjoying since 4e launched.

A couple of questions though.

First, I have been running my normal 4e group through the Punjar adventures and we are about on play session short of finishing Thrones of Punjar. I thought I read somewhere that there was going to be a paragon Punjar adventure and I really want to hold out for that. Any idea on when that might happen? I have been considering putting my Punjar campaign on hold after Thrones and starting the Mountain King adventure path.

Second, I was wondering if there might be any word (or even a cryptic hint) about a World of Aereth 4e campaign guide or box set. This is the number one item on my wish list . . .
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Paragon Punjar & World of Aereth

Post by Harley Stroh »

Syffin,

Both are en route -- the paragon Punjar adventure is just around the corner. Áereth 4E is in the planning stages, but it still a ways off.

For what it is worth, I've seen the cartographer's roughs of the Punjar poster map, and it is amazing. He did a really good job of detailing alleys and byways, so that the map is useful as well as beautiful.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Punjar Poster Map?

Now we're talking!

Going to do a vinyl? If so put me down for a pre order.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

4E Aereth is going to be great! I plan on using it as my home world for all of my upcoming 4E games.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

You and me both. My home campaign for 4E has been Áereth (w/ Punjar for a home base). It will be good to build off of the old material, answer some mysteries and open up a slew of new ones.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I personally don't see a need for a 4E Aereth, the current version works just fine for me, but if you guys do some cool things with the maps I'll still buy it, simply because I am a sucker for good maps.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Syffin
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Syffin »

Thanks for the updates, I appreciate it. I can't wait for the next Punjar adventure.

My personal reasons for wanting a 4e Aereth campaign book or box set or whatever is that I don't have time (and I am not creative enough) to create my own world and I have grown to dislike other worlds (Forgotten Realms or Eberron). I think Goodman Games material's are superb and I can think of no other publisher I would rather go with for a campaign world. Plus Aereth is just damn cool. The world is a wonderful mix of defined cities with countless hooks and rich wilderness areas with unlimited potential for adventure.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Syffin,

Thanks for the kind words. That's pretty much what we are aiming for. If you can wait a bit, I promise your patience will be rewarded.

//H

Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Syffin wrote:Aereth is just damn cool. The world is a wonderful mix of defined cities with countless hooks and rich wilderness areas with unlimited potential for adventure.
Exactly.

Talk about PoLand--Aereth epitomizes and exemplifies that concept.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Ogrepuppy wrote:
Syffin wrote:Aereth is just damn cool. The world is a wonderful mix of defined cities with countless hooks and rich wilderness areas with unlimited potential for adventure.
Exactly.

Talk about PoLand--Aereth epitomizes and exemplifies that concept.
Hey, who was that masked bump?
cnath.rm
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by cnath.rm »

Any word or eta on the next Punjar adventure? :)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Sorry for long delay!

The next Punjar installment is in the works, but it is significantly larger than any of our previous 4e offerings, so is still a little ways down the road.

Punjar is in play in the home game --- while it won't be official, I'll start posting some of the home game material. Maybe that can be of some help to your Punjar game. Look for the first post around the start of the new year.

//H

velvetlinedbox
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by velvetlinedbox »

So any more word on this?
cnath.rm
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by cnath.rm »

any chance of updates coming up?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

No update at the moment.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Devil Swine
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Devil Swine »

Still no update? Any word at all? I'm guessing the new DCC rpg killed this project at least for now?
rakden
Gongfarmer

Post by rakden »

Syffin wrote:Thanks for the updates, I appreciate it. I can't wait for the next Punjar adventure.

My personal reasons for wanting a 4e Aereth campaign book or box set or whatever is that I don't have time (and I am not creative enough) to create my own world and I have grown to dislike other worlds (Forgotten Realms or Eberron). I think Goodman Games material's are superb and I can think of no other publisher I would rather go with for a campaign world. Plus Aereth is just damn cool. The world is a wonderful mix of defined cities with countless hooks and rich wilderness areas with unlimited potential for adventure.
My thoughts exactly, I came trolling the forums today looking for information on higher level adventures in the Punjar path (of which I am running a campaign with) and low and behold I find this thread. I was considering picking up the digital download of Gazetteer of the Known Realms from RPGnow since the box seems to be long out of print but if there is something new coming down the line I'll wait for that. The 2 modules I have gotten so far have been top notch letting me run a campaign without having to devote what little free time I have to writing from scratch.

On a side note my FLGS has been trouble getting a copy of Thrones of Punjar, which makes me sad.

***EDIT***
I just noticed how old this thread actually is, so there aren't going to be higher level modules in the Punjar path then? :(
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

If your store is having trouble getting ahold of Thrones of Punjar, shoot me their information (info@goodman-games.com). Our products are carried by all major distributors so I can try to help them sort out what's going on.

As for Punjar adventures, you may have noticed that several of the DCC RPG modules are set in Punjar. Depending on how things go with these, they may open the door to further Punjar escapades (e.g., gazetteer, sourcebook, etc.), though the rules set may not be 4E.

DCC #70: Jewels of the Carnifex
http://www.goodman-games.com/5069preview.html

DCC #74: Blades Against Death
http://www.goodman-games.com/5074preview.html
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”