Status of "Dinosaurs That Never Were"?

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Kane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Status of "Dinosaurs That Never Were"?

Post by Kane »

Since I could not find a recent update, I'll ask my questions here.

1. How long before DTNW gets back from the printers?
2. What is your estimate on how long till it hits the stores?

I have a game concept based around Harry Harrison's " West of Eden" series and I need DTNW as soon as possible.

BTW, did you include both flying and aquatic reptiles?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I was just about to post an update today! The printer finished it, but made a mistake on the cover. To make a long story short, they had to reprint the covers. That is currently underway. I hope to have copies available for filling online/mail orders within 2 weeks tops; the book should make its way through the distribution channels and into stores within 3-4 weeks. I will keep updating the box on the front page of the web site (check the upper right hand corner) with more precise info as I get it. Sorry for the delay!

In answer to your question: Yes, it does include both flying and aquatic animals.

Several people have recommended Harry Harrison to me. I guess I should look him up...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
snakewing
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by snakewing »

So what was wrong with the cover? taking one look at the cover for 'Dinos that never were' and my guess would be incorrect coloring (I mean just look at the mutli-'ceratops'-like dino).

Tim
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

snakewing wrote:So what was wrong with the cover? taking one look at the cover for 'Dinos that never were' and my guess would be incorrect coloring (I mean just look at the mutli-'ceratops'-like dino).

Tim
The colors as shown on the web site are OK -- the wacky colors are supposed to help get across, "Hey, this is a fantasy dinosaur!" As for the printer, they somehow printed it with the wrong ink, so there was a big white stain on the cover (or so they told me -- I haven't seen it). They're reprinting the covers so the final version will look fine.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
snakewing
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by snakewing »

I know that the colors on the webstie are correct and why they are supposed to be weird. It's just that i would see how the printer might accidentally miscolor a part of the cover. That's all.

Tim
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

snakewing wrote:I know that the colors on the webstie are correct and why they are supposed to be weird. It's just that i would see how the printer might accidentally miscolor a part of the cover. That's all.

Tim
Yeah, I see what you mean. I've had covers before where they had the ink slightly off so the colors were slightly wrong. But I think they must have had some serious problems to end up with a big white blotch! :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Status of "Dinosaurs That Never Were"?

Post by goodmangames »

Kane wrote:1. How long before DTNW gets back from the printers?
2. What is your estimate on how long till it hits the stores?
Here's the latest news:

1. It has shipped from the printer. I mailed all pre-orders earlier today.
2. It still has to make it from our warehouse to the distributors and then to the retailers. It's hard to predict this precisely but I'd say it will take roughly 1 1/2 weeks from now. Expect to see it in some stores by May 7th and all stores within a week or so of that.

Hope that helps.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Kane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Kane »

Thanks for the update on DTNW.
I've already started planning my new game, using DTNW. It has gone through a couple of changes since the orginal concept.
Will give you an outline after I've run a couple of games.

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”