Ideas for Signature Moves

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

manyslayer
Gongfarmer

Post by manyslayer »

I'm having trouble coming up with really memorable signature moves for pre-gen characters for a crawl I'm working on for some friends. I want a bunch of pre-gens as there may be some player turn-over between levels (a weekend get-together with multiple games going on). Looking at 4th level characters (PCs first Div III).

So far I have the following ideas (nothing finalized):

For a monk/sorcerer: Bring The Thunder (call, cast shocking grasp, stunning fist)
For a bard: Lullaby Time (call, inspire courage, sleep spell)
For a wizard (conjurer): Grease Fire (call, cast grease, hit downed foe with alchemists fire)
For a wizard (transmuter) or bard: Wrap Him Up, I'll Take Him (call, cast animate rope, throw rope and succeed at entangle)

Thanks
Thanotos
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Ideas for Signature Moves

Post by Thanotos »

For a Fighter: call; bull rush; sunder shield successful
Front man types: call; successfull trip attempt; blunt weapon or foot to the nads, or face
one my friend uses as a sorcerer is: call; touch spell (he uses shocking grasp), and share spell with familiar (his is a snake); throw familiar at enimy

thats what I got
hope it helps
PHGraves
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Ideas for Signature Moves

Post by PHGraves »

Some from players in my games:
"Fire & Ice": call - Alchemist's Fire - manyshot with ice arrows.
"Reap the Whirlwind": call - disarm with spiked chain - trip with spiked chain.
"Harry's Comet": call - thrown morningstar - bull rush.
DonnemenlIx
Gongfarmer

Post by DonnemenlIx »

Signature moves should have BP like everything else. There should be, like, a cap on BP relative to the moves usage gap and effects, but other than that they should work like other attacks.
Im really curious to know who voted to have the set power...

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”