Congrats to Harley Stroh, DCC #27

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Congrats to Harley Stroh, DCC #27

Post by Black Knight »

Congrats Harley!!!

It's not only nice to see the Legacy of the Rat King continue, but with one of the best writers in sci-fi/fantasy adventuring doing it! Cheers to you and to Dungeon Crawl Classics #27: Revenge of the Rat King.
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Giving dice to your imagination!
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Thanks for the shout-out, but all (and I mean ALL) honor is due to you, Jeff. If you hadn't written the Idylls, (and Blackmoor, and Wizards Cabal, and ... )none of this would have ever come to pass. :D

If anyone is interested in what the Grandfather of Dungeon Crawls is up to these days, they should check out Mr. Quinn's forums..
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
King Donkey
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by King Donkey »

Love the cover. Can't wait to see it. Will there be a third to make it a trilogy?
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Black Knight »

If these last two are an example... it'll be another 3 years :wink:

I guess it all depends on whether Joe is willing and if I can pull my chaotic life together enough to come up with a compelling enough plot for it. Harley really has done a great job on making Revange, so the Rat King's story could be over right here.

As a side note, I've run my Legacy of the Rat King campaign for about 4 years. It started with Idylls, had some misc adventures, moved into some small portions of other stuff, and has finally culminated with the last chapters to be played out after Christmas this year. Maybe I'll put all my notes together, chat with Harley a bit, and possibly pitch Joe sometime in the New Year. I guess we'll have to see :twisted:
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Like any good ending, there is a strong chance that the Rat King (or something VERY much like him *cue dramatic music*) escapes in the end of “Revenge.” The schemes of the Gannu family aren't over yet, and if Jeffery Quinn were to close the trilogy, I would be the first in line for his autograph. :)

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
GenghisWayne
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by GenghisWayne »

Ooh!

Does this mean I have to make sure Lawrence escapes? My group is at most 2 sessions from the final showdown in Idylls.

GW-
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Black Knight »

A few things:

#1 - (GW) Nah, let the PCs have at him. Give them the thrill of defeating "Larry the Wererat" and taking all of his stuff. Let Silverton treat them like the heroes they have most deservedly become. Harley is sure to hook them back into it all in DCC #27. :twisted:

#2 - (Harley) Just finished reading the adventure. Boing!!!!!!! What a page flipper and eye-popper (not giving anything away, so nobody ask please). And though I like the moniker of "Grandfather of Dungeon Crawls," I think Gary and Dave have those nicknames reserved for themselves (and I'm no where near old enough, even though my players disagree). :lol:

#3 - (Generally speaking) I must say that my family loves Joe Goodman!!! He absolutely rocks!!!! To quote the movie Jerry MacGuire, "you had me at 'hello'!" I'll be sure to swing by and see you at GC Indy this year (if my friend's wedding doesn't coincide with it, I'm in the wedding party).
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Black Knight wrote:A few things:

#1 - (GW) Nah, let the PCs have at him. Give them the thrill of defeating "Larry the Wererat" and taking all of his stuff. Let Silverton treat them like the heroes they have most deservedly become. Harley is sure to hook them back into it all in DCC #27. :twisted:
Jeff is right. Survival (of the bad guys) is not required. :twisted:
#2 - (Harley) Just finished reading the adventure. Boing!!!!!!! What a page flipper and eye-popper (not giving anything away, so nobody ask please).
*stupid fan boy grin* Thanks, Jeff. That means the world to me. Get that trilogy proposal into Goodman! I sure hope you can make GenCon Indy. . .

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

GenghisWayne wrote:Ooh!

Does this mean I have to make sure Lawrence escapes? My group is at most 2 sessions from the final showdown in Idylls.

GW-
Don't worry -- the sequel, Revenge of the Rat King, continues the adventure in a way that doesn't require any changes to Idylls of the Rat King. Even if the Rat King dies, the Rat King still seeks his revenge... (cue mysterious laughter)...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

You set the hook in real deep.

Must continue my tossing money down the DCC [Were]Rat hole....

If only I was in college again and had time to actually use these modules.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”