Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The DCC #19 Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Hey gents!

Luke Johnson here; I wrote DCC #19: The Volcano Caves. If anyone has any questions/comments/slander about the adventure, this is the place for them.

Thanks!

DCC #19: The Volcano Caves; DCC #42: Secret of the Stonearm; and DCC 2006 Tournament Module: Palace in the Wastes designer
Etherscope developer
http://www.lukejohnson.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:14 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Aye, Aye, Cap'n!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:27 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Funny, was just about to post about DCC #19. My party's gonna be going into it a few levels higher than it's for (about 9-10ish) and I was wondering if you had any suggestions for buffinf things? One that occured to me, was, Immy grants Ziz 3 wishes a day. 3 wishes = +3 inherent to a stat. so assume Ziz and Immy had a week to give Ziz +3 inherent bonuses to all his stats, changing as followes:

Str: 19
Dex: 17
Con: 18
Int: 18
Wis: 21
Cha: 12

But asside from that, any tips on doing some buffing to compensate for a very resourceful party of higher lv?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:25 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

That sounds like a good plan, so far. I'd also recommend increasing all the classed NPCs by 3 levels or so. You might also add some HD or fighter/warrior levels to the klaklin, or doubling their numbers. Same with the salamanders and elementals. You might allow Ziz a wish or two to quicken spells like hold person, and perhaps also to grant him a permanent blur or displacement effect; 10th-level fighter types can probably take him out fairly quick. Spell resistance wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, either.

Ah, wish. It allows us to make up so much stuff!

Have fun! I'd love to hear how it turns out.

DCC #19: The Volcano Caves; DCC #42: Secret of the Stonearm; and DCC 2006 Tournament Module: Palace in the Wastes designer
Etherscope developer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:26 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

I don't suppose you could give me MORE background on Immolus and whatnot? One of my PCs is a fire-aholic so in preparation to run this module in a few months I gave him a prophetic dream of basixcally immolus asking him if he wanted power then him waking up...

Well, now he DOES want power, after fighting Devils and monsters etc, and is actively trying to seek out his dream visitor...its gonna make the module VERY interesting if nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:35 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Sounds awesome.

Honestly, I didn't think much in detail aside from what's in the adventure. Immolius was a relatively important noble on the Plane of Fire, but ended up on the wrong side of a political rival, so he fled to the Material Plane to let the situation "cool off." (Ha!) He doesn't have any specific plans at the moment, aside from causing mayhem and, perhaps, striking at the old wizard with whom he fought back in the day, if she's still around.

Etherscope developer

Post subject: Re: The DCC #19 Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:21 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Going to enter the caves tomorrow... Yay for the plane of fire!