a good book to go hand-in-hand with the Guide to Treants

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

snakewing
Wild-Eyed Zealot

a good book to go hand-in-hand with the Guide to Treants

Post by snakewing »

I recently bought a d20 book published by Mystic Eye Games that i think anyone who uses the Complete Guide to Treants would enjoy.

The book is Blight Magic, a new kind of magic which destroys the earth (or at least a small part of it) as a result of it's use. The book is a great source for possible enemies in a Treant campaign.

It details a Blight Magic Treant (called a Trevil) as well as two treant inspired groups determined to fight the evils of Blight Magic (the Huntsmen and the Followers of Fell), but go about it in different ways.

I really liked the book and just thought I'd pass this info along to anyone who liked the CG to Treants (which I bought, but have not yet been able to read).

Tim
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I've heard about Blight Magic but haven't picked it up yet. Sounds like I might have to, now... :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
snakewing
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by snakewing »

Come to think of it, the Blight Magic book is illustrated by the same person who does the Wanderer's Guild drawings (Andy Hopp). I didn't realize that until I looked at one of the pictures on the WG site and realized it was the same picture that I saw in the book.

Of course I could just be going mad.

Tim
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yeah, I think it was Andy who first told me about that book. Don't worry, you're not going mad. =)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
BenPowis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by BenPowis »

I dont have Blight Magic yet, too poor. But I love the cover for Complete Guide to Treants, its great :D

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”