Pleeeeze change your ads in Knights of the Dinner Table!

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Pleeeeze change your ads in Knights of the Dinner Table!

Post by superfan »

Dear Goodman Games,

I was just reading the most recent issue of KODT and saw your advertisement for DCC #3. That's right, #3.

This is the only advertisement you've ever placed, and it runs in every issue.

As we move forward, and are at DCC #21 now, can we update the ads?

Please....it looks bad, and does not give GG the credit it deserves for getting as far as it has.

Best wishes,

Ben "Superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

I was just reading the most recent issue of KODT and saw your advertisement for DCC #3. That's right, #3.

This is the only advertisement you've ever placed, and it runs in every issue.

As we move forward, and are at DCC #21 now, can we update the ads?
Overheard in the halls of Goodman Games' secret headquarters, located somewhere in the Arctic Circle:

"Nobody expects Goodman Games! Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear, fear and surprise. Our two weapons are fear and surprise ...

... and ruthless dungeons.

Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless dungeons...

... and an almost fanatical devotion to Joseph Goodman.

Our four --- no --- amongst our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise ..."
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Believe it or not, I don't even pay for that ad. I paid for it once -- way back in 2003 -- and for some reason they just kept on running it. I've considered asking them to pull it, for the same reasons you mention, but I figured, hey, free publicity can't be that bad. So far that ad has made it through two printings of DCC #3... if the 2nd printing sells out, and they're still running the ad for the 3rd printing, well, that'll be something else. :)

Did you know the GG logo appears on the front window of Weird Pete's in a strip in one issue of KODT? It's way back in the 50's or 60's; I'd have to dig through my back issues to find it. That was a pretty cool perk to placing ads in KODT!

-- Joseph
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “Suggestion Box”