Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Gamer T-shirts
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:28 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

[This is a lot rougher sketch than I had thought I'd submit (work this past week blah blah blah)]

We see three gamers. The drawing is minimal, with fluid lines, just the fewest possible features reveal their expressions. Each bears/carries something that marks them as so-called "old school" types.

The alternate motto is simply: We Roll All Our Own Saves. (But maybe that's too much of a dig at 4th Edition.)

The module being pulled from the satchel is obvious. Brownie points to anyone who can identify the other two references (that third one is probably impossible owing to hasty sketching and working from memory...).

"What do you think, Sirs?"

P.S. I can actually draw fingers, by the way. :mrgreen: Oh, and noses, too.

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:58 am 
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

How about "Wheel of Adventure" with GG products on each space of the wheel similar to Wheel of Fortune DCC, Etherscope, Dragonmech, ect. On back GG logo and underneath "With Goodman Games Everyone is a Winner!" ?

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:11 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

How about a tweak...."We Game for the Fame"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

welland_warrior wrote:
How about a tweak...."We Game for the Fame"

I can cope with editing... :mrgreen:

Let's go one step further and, since I don't like rhyming nearly as much as alliteration, arrive at: We Game for the Glory.

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:35 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

That's great too! (I just prefer as few words as possible and proper nouns...always) :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:25 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

As our panel of judges deliberates, the contestants wait with bated breath.

Roll a Save vs. Being Beside Yourself.... :mrgreen:

Here Be DCC Monsters...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:38 pm 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Might be too late but ....

1. [front]

DCC ...

D (on't)
C (ome)
C (rying for your mamma)

[back]
'Cause she died last round.

2. "Roll for Initiative"

3. From one of the DCCs (can't remember which)

“While you were out, we killed all your NPCs, looted their bodies, sold their families into slavery, and overthrew the monarchy. How much experience is that worth?”

4. The cover illustration from Saga of the Dragon Cult. That is so cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:06 am 

Will you announce the winner here or are you going to build the suspense and unveil the winning design at gencon?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:56 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

OK guys, after a lot of deliberation and internal debate, we have a winner. First, thanks to everyone for your ideas. These are GREAT and there are a lot of fun shirt ideas in here. We have to pick one winner, but we have a half-dozen runners-up and we'd like to eventually get around to doing several of the ideas proposed here. All that said, the winner -- and the shirt we will be wearing at Gen Con -- is:

Quote:
A crossed weight bar bell and scythe, with the Goodman triceratops overlayed in the center.

with the the text. "Goodman Games Gym" "Millers Court, Áereth" and on the back "Get Ripped"

Thanks to Seben-PistonRager for this great idea! Please contact me at info@goodman-games.com with your shirt size so we can get one made up for you. Also let me know if you'll be at Gen Con so we can figure out what autographed products to send you.

Great work everyone, and keep throwing out the fun ideas!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:04 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I won? I won!

Monkey Dance!(nope... really the truffle shuffle)

Time to Email! Series of tubes don't fail me now.

Also, I had another interesting idea...but it's for another thread entirely... I'll have to make some quick notes before I get to the sleep I'm about 4 hours late for right now... but email first!

But, there is no mechanic to support it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Congratulations Seben-PistonRager.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:05 pm 

Yeah, congratulations! I can't wait to see the finished product. Let us know what cool prizes you get as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:43 am 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

occultsearcher wrote:
Here's a quick idea:
(Images are transparent png, so you have to see them on white background)
Image Image

I'd still love to have just a black tshirt with this logo in the middle of the front.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:06 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Here is the final T-shirt design. Look for it at Gen Con!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 am 

Very cool. I can't wait to get my hands on one. See you soon at gencon 08. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:36 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Oh wow!

It's a bit different than described but, very cool.

But, there is no mechanic to support it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:52 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I realize that this 'contest' was run on an informal basis... but what's the status of the 'runner-up' ideas?

I'm considering doing something else with my own submission... provided it is still my 'own' idea... :wink:

What's the official take on this?

Here Be DCC Monsters...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:16 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

We don't own your idea by any means -- feel free to make your own tee or otherwise pursue whatever opportunities are out there!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:52 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Thanks for the rapid clarification, Mr. G!

On a holiday weekend, no less...!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:25 am 

Hello, I'm a fellow fan of Goodman Games!
They're my favorite games of all-time and I was wondering if any of you knew where I could buy a there t-shirt?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:43 pm 

Just in case this isn't a spam post...
I think this t-shirt was only sold at gencon 08.
As far as I know it is sold out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I'm pretty sure it's a spam post...

Here Be DCC Monsters...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I know the contest ended years ago, but this thread floated to the surface and I had a thought so I had to post it.
GnomeBoy wrote:
Let's go one step further and, since I don't like rhyming nearly as much as alliteration, arrive at: We Game for the Glory.

"Good Men Game for the Glory"

(A Goodman pun) :wink:

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

Last edited by finarvyn on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Darned double post and I can't delete it. Sorry. :oops:

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 am 

finarvyn wrote:
Darned double post and I can't delete it. Sorry. :oops:

If you have any ideas for the name a DCC spell contest please post them. I think that contest has fizzled out and needs a boost. With all your double posts the topic will look very popular. :mrgreen: