DCC #3.5 or DCC #20.5 in PDF

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

mbassoc2003
Ill-Fated Peasant

DCC #3.5 or DCC #20.5 in PDF

Post by mbassoc2003 »

Are we likely to see DCC #3.5 or DCC #20.5 in PDF on RPGNow? It is a notable gap for thiose of us who collect the PDF line of DCCs.
The big non-TSR D&D database is at Afterglow2.com
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

For reasons particular to each one, not anytime soon, though it may happen at some point.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Griznuq
Gongfarmer

Re: DCC #3.5 or DCC #20.5 in PDF

Post by Griznuq »

Hello!

I'm a writer over at Brighthub.com and I was asked to write about the Mask of Death module. I thought it'd be an interesting article / review, and only after I accepted it did I realize that it was a rare thing, and out of print, and ridiculously difficult to find...

Do you know of any place I could possibly get my hands on a copy of it, so that I could write this review? Any information would be appreciated.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Griznuq wrote:Do you know of any place I could possibly get my hands on a copy of it, so that I could write this review? Any information would be appreciated.
It's very rare. I haven't seen one come up on Ebay in years. When they do come up they go for hundreds of dollars. I am sorry to say that you may have a tough time finding this one!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

goodmangames wrote:For reasons particular to each one, not anytime soon, though it may happen at some point.
I'm curious. Why not make them available? Most people would purchase them for download. A bunch of us need them to fill empty slots in DCC collections.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

I agree. Once I saw the Gamers II movie, I immediately wanted a copy of the module. Searching e-bay yields nothing, even if I was willing to pay top dollar for it.

I hate to see this stuff become so collectable. I'd rather that we could actually play those modules.

Just my two coppers.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
outlander78
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by outlander78 »

Any movement towards publishing these PDFs? If not, can you at least tell us why they cannot be sold?
Please try my old school computer game (link) and tell me what you think.

Return to “Goodman Games General”