Known Realms Map

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Known Realms Map

Post by Mark_Gedak »

Would it be possible to get the the DCC 35 map as a single PDF that could be zoomed out/zoomed in and scrolled around in. I'm finding it hard to navigate around 45 pdfs to look at the world.
James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by James Mishler »

What I would love to see is a program for the Known Realms like Google Earth, where you could zoom back and forth. You could buy the basic program, which would have the map from DCC #35, "zoomable" to the best resolution available based on the art.

You could then buy program additions for each module, which would allow you to zoom in on that area and check out the maps from that adventure. There would also be additional geography expansions, that zoom even further in on the geography of the Known Realms, developed in tandem with but separate from the maps of distinct adventures...

That would be so cool, I'd have to buy a laptop just so I could bring it to games...
James Mishler
Personal Gameblog: http://adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

We've looked into this. The PDF file ended up too big. As it stands, one PDF vendor already had to upgrade their bandwidth just to accomodate the DCC #35 download in its current state. I'd love to do it if we ever find a way.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Eryx »

Perhaps its doable as a CD? Minimal cost to cover it and shipping?
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.
Blustar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Blustar »

maybe you could make it 2 PDF's, like north and south or east and west.

Or

maybe a less detailed map just showing Kingdom's borders and city states, like a political map. Then, when you want to zoom in on a region you can use your physical map?
taran.shannara
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by taran.shannara »

Is it possible to get the three sections of maps as PDFs as they are. Not a single image and not a ton of small sections (these do serve a purpose though)?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The maps are available as a separate PDF at the location below. But they're broken into 8.5x11 pages. Producing them as single poster-size images remains technically challenging, unfortunately.

http://goodmangames.rpgnow.com/product_ ... s_id=51194
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
jesscrane
Gongfarmer

Re:

Post by jesscrane »

goodmangames wrote:The maps are available as a separate PDF at the location below. But they're broken into 8.5x11 pages. Producing them as single poster-size images remains technically challenging, unfortunately.
http://goodmangames.rpgnow.com/product_ ... s_id=51194Walking Map of Las vegas

Play to Win!

Return to “Suggestion Box”