Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Age of Cthulhu red-headed step-child?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:22 pm
Posts: 126
Hi guys,

Firstly, love love love the preview that was just posted for AoC 4: Horror From Yuggoth. I can't wait for this new AoC adventure. But what I noticed is at the bottom of the preview article it lists the other adventures in the Age of Cthulhu line, and what it does not post is AoC: Abominations of the Amazon.

Why is that?

I was thrilled that Goodman Games offered an Age of Cthulhu adventure for Free RPG Day 2010. And for anyone who has not checked it out yet, Abomination of the Amazon is a fantastic adventure. I personally think that it should continue to be recognized and noted in all future postings about the AoC line.

Also, is there any reason why Abominations of the Amazon is not available as a free download from Goodman Games? It was offered for free on Free RPG Day 2010 as a printed copy, so why not have it available forever as a free electronic copy?

Here are a couple of reasons why I think AoC: Abominations of the Amazon should be available as a free download:
1. As I discovered through personal experience, there were a lot of FLGS that did not participate in Free RPG Day 2010. Thus, if a store did not participate, they were not able to provide the adventure to role-players who might be interested in trying out the AoC line. So I say a downloaded copy is better than nothing.
2. A free downloadable adventure could be a key marketing tool to entice fans to then invest in collecting the other AoC adventures.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Age of Cthulhu red-headed step-child?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:25 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:41 pm
Posts: 2666
Location: San Jose, CA
JonHook wrote:
Firstly, love love love the preview that was just posted for AoC 4: Horror From Yuggoth. I can't wait for this new AoC adventure. But what I noticed is at the bottom of the preview article it lists the other adventures in the Age of Cthulhu line, and what it does not post is AoC: Abominations of the Amazon.

Why is that?


Oops! No reason, it's an oversight. I'll get it corrected.

JonHook wrote:
I was thrilled that Goodman Games offered an Age of Cthulhu adventure for Free RPG Day 2010. And for anyone who has not checked it out yet, Abomination of the Amazon is a fantastic adventure. I personally think that it should continue to be recognized and noted in all future postings about the AoC line.


Thanks for the kind words - glad you liked it so much!

JonHook wrote:
Also, is there any reason why Abominations of the Amazon is not available as a free download from Goodman Games? It was offered for free on Free RPG Day 2010 as a printed copy, so why not have it available forever as a free electronic copy?


Abominations of the Amazon will be included as one of three short adventures in AOC5, scheduled for release early next year. Everyone who missed Free RPG Day will have a chance to pick it up then.

As for Free RPG Day, one of the reasons I created it was to support local retailers. It's all about getting people into stores! Different publishers have their own interpretation of this mission and of course are free to do as they choose. But Goodman Games will always utilize Free RPG Day to help support local game stores. That means offering the freebies primarily through those retailers in a way that most benefits them!

_________________
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group