Age of Cthulhu rules help.

A forum dedicated to our new line of officially licensed Call of Cthulhu adventure modules.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

wulfen
Gongfarmer

Age of Cthulhu rules help.

Post by wulfen »

((this may be a double post because the first one didn't seem to go through))

Hello Everyone.

I just received Age of Cthulhu Abominations of the Amazon for Free RPG Day and am the Keeper for it. I just have some questions about making the skill checks and going through with combat. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Age of Cthulhu rules help.

Post by Harley Stroh »

Wulfen,

Thanks for picking up the release! What are you questions?

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
wulfen
Gongfarmer

Post by wulfen »

Well I've been doing some research on it and pretty much have it figured out but there are still some things I don't understand like do guns have a range value and how to use the spells. And is there a rule book that I could buy that have them in it?
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

wulfen wrote:Well I've been doing some research on it and pretty much have it figured out but there are still some things I don't understand like do guns have a range value and how to use the spells. And is there a rule book that I could buy that have them in it?
Hey Wulfen,

The Age of Cthulhu line of adventures is designed to be used with the Call of Cthulhu RPG published by Chaosium. All of the adventures require those rules in order to be played, much like Dungeon Crawl Classics adventures require the Dungeons & Dragons rules in order to be played.

Gun ranges and specific rules for spells aren't included in the Age of Cthulhu adventures because it's assumed you have the main rulebook as a reference for those sorts of details. All the answers to your questions can be found in the pages of the main rulebook.

This is the current version of the main rulebook that's put out by Chaosium:

http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_inf ... 90063aa077

If you go to places like eBay or Noble Knight Games, you should be able to score a copy of the main rulebook for about $25 or so.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Age of Cthulhu”