Conan of Cimmeria

Share links and comments about your favorite A-R-T and the cool folks who make it. Help other A-R-T fans find cool new A-R-T-ists out there on the net!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

ATOM
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Conan of Cimmeria

Post by ATOM »

Last edited by ATOM on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATOM's CLASSIC D&D Art.
ATOM's WEB Site

3-headed Blog
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: Conan of Cimmeria

Post by DCCfan »

Normally I like your work but this Conan is kind of scrawny looking.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
ATOM
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ATOM »

He he! I know, I did it on my pute with a widescreen monitor, I just looked at it about a week ago
on a standard laptop screen and I laughed, he was as skinny as anything! Gotta fix that tomorrow.
(he looks butch on my widescreen monitor)
ATOM's CLASSIC D&D Art.
ATOM's WEB Site

3-headed Blog
RogerBlake
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by RogerBlake »

The narrative itself has complex times gone by. Howard at first wrote a tale called "The Frost King's Daughter", featuring Amra of Akbitana. When that didn't sell, he rewrote it as "The Frost Giant's Daughter", but still botched to find a market. In conclusion, he submitted the original Amra chronicle to The Fantasy Fan, a non-paying fanzine (or whatever they were called back then), which published it as "Gods of the North". An "edited" version of the Conan story ultimately saw print in 1953, and then, finally, Howard's own version of "The Frost Giant's Daughter" was in print in 1976 in Donald Grant's deluxe hardcover collection of Conan stories. Alas, that means the version here is the edited one.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

I'm not sure what this has to do with the pic... but thanks for the info?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

RogerBlake wrote:The narrative itself has complex times gone by. Howard at first wrote a tale called "The Frost King's Daughter", featuring Amra of Akbitana. When that didn't sell, he rewrote it as "The Frost Giant's Daughter", but still botched to find a market. In conclusion, he submitted the original Amra chronicle to The Fantasy Fan, a non-paying fanzine (or whatever they were called back then), which published it as "Gods of the North". An "edited" version of the Conan story ultimately saw print in 1953, and then, finally, Howard's own version of "The Frost Giant's Daughter" was in print in 1976 in Donald Grant's deluxe hardcover collection of Conan stories. Alas, that means the version here is the edited one.
~singing~ Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spamity-spaaaam, wonderful spam...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “All things A-R-T related”