Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Soundtrack
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:23 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Hi All,

I got the chance to experiment with a few songs, and create a wonderful atmosphere in a dungeon. The DJ I created was DJ Casey Kaysome, a DJ with a twisted sense of humor, and a real knack for finding songs that fit each room of the dungeon. Here are a few of the rooms and songs he created for the dungeon.

Artist – Song – Room or Challenge
Carl Douglas – Kung Fu Fighting – 3-2nd Level Kobold Monks, and 1-4th Level Kobold Monk.
Camera Obscura – Let’s Go Bowling – The characters find themselves used as pins in a bowling alley. Balls are being thrown by Orc Fighters dressed as ‘50’s Greasers.
Bobby Darin – Splish Splash – One lucky character has to give a goblin toddler a bath.
Brave Combo – Hokey Pokey – The characters must round up a bunch of zombies, and get them back in their coffins while the zombies keep trying to escape.
John Denver – Grandma’s Feather Bed – Pillow fight with a bunch of orc fighters, knocking them off a huge feather bed.
Chicago – Look Away – A fight against a Medusa (The one from DungeonCrawl Brooklyn).
Weird Al Yankovic – Eat It (or any other of his “food songs”) – 1 character must participate in an eating contest.
The Animals – We Gotta Get Outta This Place – As they are running for the exit of the dungeon

We had more laughs that game, and everyone really enjoyed the dungeon. We also got to introduce Xcrawl to a whole store full of people! It was an "extreme" success for the Extreme Dungeon Crawl League!

Dave Amberson
Ziggurat Con Chairman - 2007

Post subject: Re: Soundtrack
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:00 pm 
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Sounds like a good time. I always love it when the DM takes the time to add music to the game. It can really set the mood or in this case provide a lot of laughs.

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

Post subject: Re: Soundtrack
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:24 am 

I let my players pick songs then have a bunch I use. If their song comes up they get a +4 bonus to their roles as long as it is playing.

When I start an X-Crawl I always use the same song:

Let The Bodies Hit The Floor by Drowning Pool