Narborg question (Whiterock spoilers)

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Narborg question (Whiterock spoilers)

Post by Jezza »

If the walls of Narborg are warded against Teleport, then presumably they'd be warded against Dimension Door, right?
And presumably the Master Wizard has to go outside of Narborg to cast scrying on the party.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: Narborg question (Whiterock spoilers)

Post by Jengenritz »

If I were the DM, I'd say "yes" to both cases.
If you are the DM, it's up to you.
The warded walls spell protecting Narborg is from DCC #21: Assault on Stormbringer Castle, and I believe that didn't specifically mention dimension door (hence its absence in CW), but the intent is the same.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

Another question:
Is it correct that the duergar priest / werebat is large in hybrid form? Is this because he is a were-dire bat?
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Correct on both counts, sir!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jezza
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jezza »

So can he use his enlarge person ability to become huge? Enlarge person says that multiple magical effects that increase size don't stack, does the shapechanging count as a magical effect?
DCCfan
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

I don't know the official answer but that sounds cool. I would do it and if the players cry foul remind them of the times that you have bent the rule in favor of the PC's to avoid TPK's. :wink:
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

I'm kinda sleepy here, just got back from an awesome concert, so don't quote me, but I'd rule thusly:

If his ability to shapechange is anything other than an extraordinary ability (I'm thinking it's supernatural) then it counts as a magic effect that changes his size, so "no," he can't then become Huge.

Return to “Castle Whiterock”