Game Room!

You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Game Room!

Post by fathead »

A friend of mine (he was in our gaming group for years before he moved out to the west coast) sent me a link to this. It's a game room that someone built. It's not quite to my tastes, but the guy did a fantastic job. I just had to pass this on:

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/about8714-0-asc-0.html
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: Game Room!

Post by Jengenritz »

Fan-effing-tastic game room. And I think I spied two copies of Castle Whiterock in the fourth picture. Huzzah!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

I also spotted one of those XCrawl foam thingamabobs.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

I have my own plans for a game room -

A built-in book case with cabinet doors and deep shelves (for all of those awkward-fitting board games), a custom gaming table (with pull our drawers for each person and small personal book shelves), and some form of projector (back projecting from below) or monitor built into the gaming table (I've always wanted to easily throw Dunjinni maps onto the table without printing stuff off on an E-sized plotter).

I can dream, can't I? ;)
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

You seen the pictures of my new game table? We're speaking the same language.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Jengenritz wrote:You seen the pictures of my new game table? We're speaking the same language.
Ha. No....but I have seen photos of the "Ultimate Gaming Table" and the "Sultan" (I saw the Sultan at the last GenCon), and have culled ideas from both of those. Ultimately, I just grabbed ideas that I liked and discarded ones that seemed to cumbersome.

What I kept coming back to were:

1. table space - with books, character folders, drinks, and dice bags, the table is always crowded. It makes big Dunjinni maps and tact-tile placements difficult, and I'm constantly clearing space for combats. Then, the players have to sit up to see the miniatures. Personal pull-out drawers and shelves seemed to a good route to go.

2. battle maps - well, now we have the "table space" requirement out of the way, I really want to start using Dunjinni maps more often. The problem is that ink is expensive. If I'm going to make an equipment purchase, I might as well do it right. Something like building in space for a monitor...maybe with plexiglass or something for the miniatures to sit on. If I go this route, there is no reason why I can't create a little app out of it and throw in some spell effects (and outlines) as needed.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Amazing.

And yeah, looks like quite a bit of Goodman product on one of those shelves!
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

*fails a save for 'melt from awe'*
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Holy crap that is amazing! This is what I fantasize about having in my basement all the time, lol.
DCCfan
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

That room is amazing! :shock:...I wish I could have one just like it.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
BamVixen
Gongfarmer

Post by BamVixen »

That's a very great game room I think! :)

Return to “Everything Else”