Gen Con 2009 Plans - Save Up to 50% With 3E Trade-In!

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Gen Con 2009 Plans - Save Up to 50% With 3E Trade-In!

Post by goodmangames »

Here's the roundup of what's planned for Gen Con! Goodman Games is at booth #1371, right behind the Wizards booth.

SAVE ON A TRADE-IN
Save up to 50% on Goodman Games products at Gen Con when you trade in your used 3E books. Turn that bookshelf of dusty 3E tomes into brand new 4E sourcebooks and adventures from Goodman Games! Here’s how it works:
• Bring your used 3E books to the Goodman Games booth at Gen Con (#1731, behind the Wizards of the Coast booth).
• We will give credit for trade-in books at up to 10 cents on the dollar.
• You can use this credit toward any purchase at our booth for a discount of up to 50%.
• For example, let’s say you bring in a third edition Player’s Handbook, originally valued at $29.99. We will give you $3.00 off a Goodman Games purchase of $6.00 or more. For a purchase of $5.99 or less, you would receive a discount of 50%.
• Trade-in books must be in decent condition. Some wear-and-tear is okay, but we will not issue credit for books with torn pages, damaged covers, cracked spines, severe scuffing, and other severe damage.

ANNOUNCEMENTS
Swing by the two booth for two big announcements - one involving one of the biggest names in fantasy, and the other worth $1,000 to the right person!

NEW RELEASES
Hero's Handbook: Tiefling
Hero's Handbook: Eladrin
DCC #63: Warbringer's Son
Level Up #2
DCC #36: Talons of the Horned King (1E edition)
DCC #C9: Tomb of the Blind God (Erol Otus "green cover" edition)
How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck (the book!)
Plus we will have Black Blade Productions 1E modules at the booth, as well as some leftover Free RPG Day products from 2008 and 2009 (priced at $5/each - free only when you visit a store on Free RPG Day!).

SEMINARS
Our annual "How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck" seminar on Saturday has already sold out!

See you at the show!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Gen COn 2009 Plans - Save Up to 50% With 3E Trade-In!

Post by mshensley »

Will this be available for sale outside of gencon? I can't find any info on it on the website.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Gen COn 2009 Plans - Save Up to 50% With 3E Trade-In!

Post by goodmangames »

mshensley wrote:
Will this be available for sale outside of gencon? I can't find any info on it on the website.
Depends on how popular it is at the con. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Gen Con 2009 Plans - Save Up to 50% With 3E Trade-In!

Post by GnomeBoy »

Every year, I covet attending GenCon more and more... mostly thanks to Goodman Games. :twisted:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
dcampbez
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dcampbez »

Most of the new releases from Goodman were already on my list, so this is very exciting... I have a considerable pile of rulebooks gathering dust.

One question... what publishers qualify? I have a trove of 3/3.5 material from all kinds of vendors I will never look at again. Is it any books, books only from Wizards (I doubt ANYONE will trade in any Goodman material), or what?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

All 3E products qualify, regardless of publisher. I've heard a lot of people say, "I invested a lot in 3E, and all that goes to waste now that I'm playing 4E." Well, now there's a way to put that product to use!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

What are you going to do with all those 3E books? They could still be used. A bunch of people I know are not making the switch to 4E. Maybe a raffle for entire or part of collection money goes to charity kinda thing?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
bigznak
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bigznak »

So just so I can get this correct. Are you including products that were Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 and all other parties products that were 3.0??? Just in official Wizards of the Coast 3.0 products, I could bring in books totalling $236.50, or $23.65 in credit towards new 4.0 products that I really want anyways. Am I correct on this???
bigznak
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bigznak »

One other question...How much will this be costing? -- DCC #C9: Tomb of the Blind God (Erol Otus "green cover" edition)
Does anyone know the price yet? I really want to get my hands on it. Thanks.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

That is correct - bring in $200 retail price of products, get $20 off your purchase.

DCC #C9 - seeing as how I just sent it to the printer I should remember the price, but it escapes me at the moment. :) I will update this later when I have the price, but it's a normal price point for its length.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
dcampbez
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dcampbez »

OK, this may be the coolest thing ever, making a stack of books now!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

...will there then be a Goodman Games 3E yard sale for 25¢ on the dollar??? :D
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Jasoninohio
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Jasoninohio »

I have a question. I have several 3.0 books that were marked up (neatly) to comply with 3.5 rules. Will these books still be eligible for trade-in.
The meek shall truly inherit the earth, because that is where they will be buried.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Jasoninohio wrote:I have a question. I have several 3.0 books that were marked up (neatly) to comply with 3.5 rules. Will these books still be eligible for trade-in.
Sorry, those count as damaged.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I can't help but be absolutely sure I would do much better just buying the Goodman products at full price and just selling my 3e Books on eBay.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Treebore wrote:I can't help but be absolutely sure I would do much better just buying the Goodman products at full price and just selling my 3e Books on eBay.
Depends on the books. WotC core books - possibly, if you're willing to deal with the eBay transaction. Bastion Press - I seriously doubt it! I have seen a number of forum threads that are misinterpreting this offer. Just to be clear, the offer stands for ALL 3E products, whether Wizards of the Coast, Goodman Games, or the many other d20 companies out there. If you spent a dollar on a 3E book you're not using anymore, this is where you can get some of it back. A small number of 3E titles still have retail value of some kind...but 95% of what was published during the d20 era is currently worth a lot less than the 10 cents on the dollar we're offering!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

goodmangames wrote:
Treebore wrote:I can't help but be absolutely sure I would do much better just buying the Goodman products at full price and just selling my 3e Books on eBay.
Depends on the books. WotC core books - possibly, if you're willing to deal with the eBay transaction. Bastion Press - I seriously doubt it! I have seen a number of forum threads that are misinterpreting this offer. Just to be clear, the offer stands for ALL 3E products, whether Wizards of the Coast, Goodman Games, or the many other d20 companies out there. If you spent a dollar on a 3E book you're not using anymore, this is where you can get some of it back. A small number of 3E titles still have retail value of some kind...but 95% of what was published during the d20 era is currently worth a lot less than the 10 cents on the dollar we're offering!

True.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
bigznak
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bigznak »

From the books I have ready for Gencon, I have$395.17 or $39.51 worth of credit. I am excited about this trade-in. I am about to gets me some new 4e books. Any word on how much DCC #C9: Tomb of the Blind God (Erol Otus "green cover" edition) is going to cost. I am just curious. see you guys in 4 days.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

DCC #C9 has a cover price of $13.99.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

Will the 1E conversion of Talons of the Horned King be available after GenCon (if only for a limited time) like previous 1E conversions done?

M

Return to “Goodman Games General”