Reviews of Forgotten Heroes: Scythe and Shroud

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Reviews of Forgotten Heroes: Scythe and Shroud

Post by Tavis »

Jack99's 4E Ultrashort Reviews has a four-star review: "Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by FH:S&S. So far, most 3pp classes have failed to wow me."

calkiddewey's review gives it 88/100 at EN World; it's also posted at the Paizo store, where there's also some discussion: "With the Forgotten Heroes line of products from Goodman Games, the good stuff just keeps on coming."
Co-author: Forgotten Heroes: Fist, Fang, and Song and Scythe and Shroud; Heroes' Handbook: Eladrin; and two finished Goodman projects that haven't been announced yet, with others on the drawing board!
BrianC
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Reviews of Forgotten Heroes: Scythe and Shroud

Post by BrianC »

Nicholas Bergquist gave us 5/5 over at RPGNow. "I'm using this in my game tonight, and encouraging my players to mine it for new characters. Well worth the money invested, and these classes are interesting and different enough to have legs of their own."
BrianC
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BrianC »

Another one at RPGNow, this one from Dale Robbins. "Overall, the team did an excellent job on this book and I'm happy to have bought it. It makes an excellent addition to my "player's options" library."
Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Tavis »

I like Dale's review, especially because it refers to "Tavis's team." For the sake of clarity I want to say that I am not & have never been the head writer, just one among equals. For the sake of crowing I want to say "Eat it, co-authors whose last names don't begin with A!"
Co-author: Forgotten Heroes: Fist, Fang, and Song and Scythe and Shroud; Heroes' Handbook: Eladrin; and two finished Goodman projects that haven't been announced yet, with others on the drawing board!
Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Tavis »

There's a thread at RPG.net talking about Scythe & Shroud, in which I just posted.
crimsonhawk
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by crimsonhawk »

Tavis wrote:For the sake of clarity I want to say that I am not & have never been the head writer, just one among equals.
Hehe! I meant no disrespect in my use of brevity. It's not that I saw you as the "head writer" (though you are one of the more vocal ones who worked on the book). It's just that it was easier to type "Tavis' team" than type "Tavis Allison, Eytan Bernstein, Brian Cortijo, and Greg Tito." I'm lazy. :D I guess I could have just as easily said "Brian's team." :D

BTW, I thought I typed that review at DriveThruRPG, not RPGNow. :P
Dale W. Robbins
Writer, Artist, Procrastinator
BrianC
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BrianC »

crimsonhawk wrote:
Tavis wrote:For the sake of clarity I want to say that I am not & have never been the head writer, just one among equals.
Hehe! I meant no disrespect in my use of brevity. It's not that I saw you as the "head writer" (though you are one of the more vocal ones who worked on the book). It's just that it was easier to type "Tavis' team" than type "Tavis Allison, Eytan Bernstein, Brian Cortijo, and Greg Tito." I'm lazy. :D I guess I could have just as easily said "Brian's team." :D
Indeed, though in this case, that would have been woefully inaccurate (perhaps, quizzically, even more so than "Tavis' Team"). Economy of keystrokes would suggest "Greg's Team" to be the most efficient means of pursuing one's laziness, followed by Tavis, and then Eytan and I pretty much tie (although, his letters are better-clustered, so...). Just saying. ;)
BTW, I thought I typed that review at DriveThruRPG, not RPGNow. :P
Ahh, but that whole OneBookShelf thing they have going means that what you type at one appears on the other. Since I use RPGNow, that's where I found it.

Regardless, thank you for taking the time to review the book. While we appreciate the positive feedback, any review--glowing or damning--helps us to learn what we're doing right (so that we can continue) and what we're doing wrong (so we can quit it).
crimsonhawk
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by crimsonhawk »

BrianC wrote:Indeed, though in this case, that would have been woefully inaccurate (perhaps, quizzically, even more so than "Tavis' Team"). Economy of keystrokes would suggest "Greg's Team" to be the most efficient means of pursuing one's laziness, followed by Tavis, and then Eytan and I pretty much tie (although, his letters are better-clustered, so...). Just saying. ;)
What's sad is that it took me a bit for figure out you were measuring the best person to use by the number of keystrokes it took to type out the name, not by the amount of work they put into the book. I'm a sad little puppy.
Dale W. Robbins
Writer, Artist, Procrastinator

Return to “4E Products”