James Holloway

Share links and comments about your favorite A-R-T and the cool folks who make it. Help other A-R-T fans find cool new A-R-T-ists out there on the net!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

James Holloway

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Isn't that his art featured in Crypt of the Devil Lich? Man, now that's some good art. There's some wonderous fantasy paintings out there, but there's a special place in my heart for good black and white drawings (perhaps because b&w is what I'm limited to myself).

Joseph - How did you get James Halloway on board and will he be doing any more? His art brings back the same old feel as well as good proportions and a certain consistant style that just really appeals to me. I still have one of TSR's old Choose Your Own Adventure style books featurign his art. He does the best halflings.
Deogolf
Far-Sighted Wanderer

James Holloway

Post by Deogolf »

Hi Jeff!

I guess that would be me! I was able to track down Mr. Holloway's email address sometime back and have been chatting back and forth for some time now. I'm trying to get him to do a short interview that we could possibly post on this website (iffn Joseph doesn't mind). I sort of sent Joseph an email a while back trying to get him on board. Man, I'm glad I did. I couldn't think of a better way to get the Dungeon Crawl feel into the game than James! Sure brings back alot of good memories - especially D&D B4 Lost City.

He's been busy doing alot of Paranoia stuff at the moment! Also, look for more good stuff for our pals here at Goodman Games (can't say anymore than that at the moment).

He does do PC portraits! I have one from a Mage character I had in Gary Gygax's Hall Of Many Panes adventure (I strongly suggest you check it out when it is released - sorry Joseph! :roll: ). The adventure was written for his Lejendary Adventures RPG and is going to be released dual stats (LA/D&D ed 3.5). I'll see if he wants his email listed! Or maybe PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Ciao for now!

John
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

And he also did the best TSR Oriental Adventures art ever published. Love that guy!
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yeah, John hooked me up. Thanks again, John!

Mr. Holloway will indeed be doing work in future DCC's. He has interiors in #14 and #15, and is working on an upcoming cover.

And guess who else is going to be doing a cover??? Hmm, here's your official teaser. After years of trying I finally got the legendary Mr. _______ to agree to a cover... full details once the art is finished! :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

goodmangames wrote:And guess who else is going to be doing a cover??? Hmm, here's your official teaser. After years of trying I finally got the legendary Mr. _______ to agree to a cover... full details once the art is finished! :)
It's gotta be Dee.

Please, please, please let it be Dee...
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Deogolf
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Mystery artist?

Post by Deogolf »

Your welcome, Joseph! It's been a pleasure to assist in any way I can!!

It would be downright cool to have Mr. Dee do a cover!! (fingers crossed) :D
Deogolf
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Deogolf »

Always great to see a new James Holloway illo!! :D I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Thanks, Joe!!
jugger
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by jugger »

Holloway is the man.

Wish he had a website with all his work through the years!
Deogolf
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Deogolf »

jugger wrote:Holloway is the man.

Wish he had a website with all his work through the years!
He did mention working on something like that in the near future. As to when that would be is anybody's guess. He has been very busy lately with Goodman Games and Paranoia XP. If I hear of anything, I'll let ya know!

And I fully agree! James is Da Man!! 8)

Return to “All things A-R-T related”