Open Call for 4E GSL "Book of Rituals"

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Armadillo
Gongfarmer

Re: Open Call for 4E GSL "Book of Rituals"

Post by Armadillo »

Thanks. Yeah, problem was on my end.

It sounds like you have plenty of entries. It should be an interesting book.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Well, for the record, you folks are amazing. We received hundreds of excellent submissions.

Thank you to everyone who submitted. We'll have a final tally up soon!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The open call is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated. We received more than 1,000 submissions from nearly 200 authors, so please be patient if you are an author waiting to hear about the status of your submission. There's a lot to go through!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Harley Stroh wrote:We're not robots
Dang! Can we try for ninjas or pirates? Short of robots, those would be cool options....
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Swordgleam
Gongfarmer

Post by Swordgleam »

It's been a while, so I was just wondering if you guys have an ETA yet on when we can expect to hear back. I know you have a ton of submissions to go through, so I wouldn't expect it to be soon, but it would be nice to have a general idea of when to start making sacrifices to the dark gods. Err, I mean, when to start checking our email more often. Yeah; that's it. Email.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Sword,

We're down to the nitty gritty. Very soon, now.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Authors,

Thank you for you patience! I'm writing to let you know that we've worked through the first round of the submissions, and that soon we will be emailing authors, confirming contracts and payment details. This is a "rolling acceptance" as we work through the tier, so Toby Zachevski, I'm afraid it might still be a while before you hear from us.

Feel free to post any questions/concerns. I'll also be writing all the authors of submissions that weren't accepted. I can't offer personalize feedback on every submission, but please know that we had literally hundreds of excellent submissions and some of our decisions have been very difficult.

Again, thank you for your patience. I look forward to corresponding with everyone soon.

//H

Jobe Bittman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jobe Bittman »

Did you ever send out notifications to entrants? Due to not hearing back, I figured my rituals were rejected, but I was hoping to pin my rejection letter on my bulletin board ;)
Sheridan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sheridan »

*Bump*
Yeah, I'm kind of curious about this too -
Have all those whose work have been selected been notified?
Thanks,
-Scott
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Harley and Aeryn have both been working on these non-stop for the last couple weeks, and probably will be through mid-June. Once we've reviewed and edited all prospective submissions we'll be able to send out firm acceptances or rejections.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
MatthewJHanson
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by MatthewJHanson »

Thanks for the update!
Swordgleam
Gongfarmer

Post by Swordgleam »

Glad to hear that, and thanks for the updates. I'm sure I'm not the only one for whom this was the first time submitting anything to be published - it's a nerve-wracking endeavor, even for something as relatively small as a few rituals. So I really appreciate you doing your best to keep us up to date.
The Sword Emperor
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by The Sword Emperor »

A question I imagine a few other people might be wondering about...

The actual contract I received lists the wrong name for me. How do I rectify the mislabeling (if need be), how do I ensure that Goodman Games lists my actual name in the publication, and will the company need to send me a new contract?

I can e-mail or post the specifics if need be.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The Sword Emperor wrote:A question I imagine a few other people might be wondering about...

The actual contract I received lists the wrong name for me. How do I rectify the mislabeling (if need be), how do I ensure that Goodman Games lists my actual name in the publication, and will the company need to send me a new contract?

I can e-mail or post the specifics if need be.
You know how the email you received requests your full legal name? Just reply and answer that question. We received a great many submissions without legal names, or using online handles instead of names...hence the request.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
PrismaticDM
Gongfarmer

Post by PrismaticDM »

Good morning,

I asked this question in my submission acceptance e-mail, but perhaps it would be more beneficial to others if I ask here.

I am a Canadian citizen and do not have a United States social security number. Must I provide the Canadian equivalent on my signed contract? I haven't in the past with another US-based publisher, but I figured I'd check nonetheless (they may not have played by the rules!).

Thank you,

Steve
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Non-USA citizens do not need to provide their local equivalent of a Social Security Number.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
The Last Rogue
Gongfarmer

Post by The Last Rogue »

Hmm. . . I imagine then it is safe to say only acceptance letters have been sent . . . therefore if you are sans e-mail . . .
Are you a scallywag? Rapscallion? Thug? Come on down to a place that understands you! Thieves' Cant
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Not all acceptance letters have been sent out.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Jobe Bittman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jobe Bittman »

Did the date slip? I didn't see the ad in the July GTM but I couldn't find Goodman anythign under G.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, the release date is pushed back. The best place to see the updated schedule is always the "Coming Soon" section of our web site. It's a big book with a lot to coordinate so it's taking a little longer than expected to put together. But the finished product - both in terms of material and art and the layout that's coming together now - is turning out great and I think it will be worth the wait.

See http://www.goodman-games.com/upcomingreleases.htm for the latest schedule.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Sorry to repeat this several times on the boards, but I want to make sure it's on each thread where relevant. For those of you who may have missed it, we announced today a change in the format of Book of Rituals, and an associated great price! It will be released as a 160-page softcover for the great price of only $14.99. Check out http://www.goodman-games.com/greatprices.html for full details.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “Goodman Games General”