Character Codex PDF

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

catsclaw227
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Character Codex PDF

Post by catsclaw227 »

Is the Character Codex PDF a form-fillable character sheet?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Character Codex PDF

Post by goodmangames »

Good question... no, at the moment it's a straight PDF without forms. That's a good idea, at some point we can go back and add forms, but at the moment it is without forms.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
catsclaw227
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by catsclaw227 »

goodmangames wrote:Good question... no, at the moment it's a straight PDF without forms. That's a good idea, at some point we can go back and add forms, but at the moment it is without forms.
Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until then. My players prefer to keep their sheets digitally and email them when they level up.

Make sure you post on EnWorld (RPGNow, RPG.net, etc) when you update them! Some people don't know when good products are updated (even one's they have bought) unless someone screams at them. :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The Character Codex is now updated to be form-fillable. Enjoy!

http://goodmangames.rpgnow.com/product_ ... s_id=57845
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
LDLanning
Gongfarmer

Post by LDLanning »

goodmangames wrote:The Character Codex is now updated to be form-fillable. Enjoy!

http://goodmangames.rpgnow.com/product_ ... s_id=57845

I just downloaded the file from Paizo Games. It is form fillable but several of the fields are link together. When you enter any text in them, they will automatically fill in others. The problem is that they should not be linked. I enter one power and it fills in the others of that type. Also, several of the defenses are linked and should not be.

---> Larry <---
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, I know. Oops! The graphic designer just fixed the Character Codex, and he's working on DM Campaign Record. Once they're fixed we'll upload the corrected versions.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

FYI, not fixed on RPG now yet.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Character Codex should now be fixed...DM Campaign Record coming soon.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Allaric
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Allaric »

Greetings. First I want to thank you guys for fixing both the Character Codex and DM Campaign Record forms versions. I have been filling out my DM Record with information from the first few scenarios I plan on running and campaign information for a game I have starting this weekend. I have been printing some handouts, maps, and other items for my players as well and some pages from the Character Codex.

The grey colored background in the PDF is killing my toner cartridges. Could you please remove the background color in the PDF? I just had to spend $115 on my cartridge I didn't plan on and times are tough. Last week I purchased a print version of the Character Codex for each player in my group from Amazon knowing it would be a strain on toner thinking it would put that expense off. I plan on updating my DM Records between sessions on the computer and printing out updated pages.

PS: I have the full version of Acrobat if there is a way I can remove it myself I would appreciate any hints.
Thanks.
-Allaric
nyhotep
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by nyhotep »

I have the updated pdf, and the forms are fill-inable, but the document can't be saved (It can only be saved as a blank document).

Is this correct? If so, it does severely limit the usefulness of both this and the DM campaign record, as you have to type in the info each time you use it :cry:

I have tried Acrobat reader 7 and 9.1, same results.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

I believe this is a function of Adobe Reader, not the pdf. Abode wants you to buy the full Acrobat package, so they restrict saving forms in their free reader download. Other (free) pdf readers might allow you to save.

(When I do cons I've gotten around this by filling the sucker in, and "printing" to pdf. But this creates a static form, not the editable version you're looking for.)

Please note that my tech skills are still turn-of-the-century/steam age, so I could very well be mistaken.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Harley is 100% correct.

Err, about Adobe wanting you to buy the full version of Acrobat.

I can't say if he's still in the Steam Age. ;)
nyhotep
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by nyhotep »

Thanks guys, I thought that might be the case.

Edit:
I tried the Foxit reader, which is a foul piece of software (sticking toolbars and stuff all over your browser) and that does seem to allow saving completed forms. :)
Allaric
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Allaric »

Hello everyone.

I too used to believe that you needed the full version of Acrobat to save form fillable PDF files and it *USED* to be this way. However in the newer versions of Adobe Acrobat a PDF form creator can activate the form for saving in any reader including the free Adobe Reader. The PDF author needs to do something called "Enable User Rights In Adobe Reader". You can search the Acrobat help file with those terms and it is explained.

Good Gaming.
-Allaric.

Return to “4E Products”