Aereth location?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Aereth location?

Post by AstroCat »

Can anyone tell me where:
Castle Mortis: (Citadel, pop. 6,700) Seen from the sea,
the spires of Castle Mortis rise from the rocky cliffs like
dark spears. The citadel is home to a fleet of black-sailed
ships, privateers that sack and pillage for the Overlord.
Its forces are led by Lady Soraline, a cruel, conniving
blackguard trained in the arts of dark wizardry. Lady
Soraline secretly covets the title of Overlord. She carefully
monitors politics of Punjar, looking for her chance to
seize power.
Is located?

Thanks!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Aereth location?

Post by Harley Stroh »

North and west of Punjar.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

So pretty close by on that Punjar area peninsula? Also, if I could sneak one more question in.:)
How much do you think travel costs should be in 4E Aereth. Say from Punjar to Kastulo, it's about 4 days and around 350miles by ship. I know it is a silly thing but I'm not sure how much to charge. I was thinking around 5-10gp per character for standard travel rooms, maybe 2-4 to a room. Too much?

Thanks! :)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

AstroCat wrote:So pretty close by on that Punjar area peninsula? Also, if I could sneak one more question in.:)
How much do you think travel costs should be in 4E Aereth. Say from Punjar to Kastulo, it's about 4 days and around 350miles by ship. I know it is a silly thing but I'm not sure how much to charge. I was thinking around 5-10gp per character for standard travel rooms, maybe 2-4 to a room. Too much?

Thanks! :)
No, this seems about right, esp. if you get a bunk. But If you are willing to work the ship (menial duties, of course --- don't get in the way of the real sailors!) and sleep on deck, then maybe 20 sp for the trip.

Of course pirates and behemoths from the deep abound. ;)

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Vellen
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Vellen »

Are there any modules/adventures that have much to do with the areas around Punjar aside from Sellswords, Scions, Thrones, and Mists? My group is primarily based out of Punjar (having a base set up in the recently cleaned up and renovated Baggar-King's compound from Sellswords). I am mainly curious if there will be a continuing theme with future DCC's coming out (seems like there is... 1st lvl Sellswords, 4th lvl Scions, 7th lvl Thrones...a loosely linked 'campaign'?). Also, anything involving Castle Mortis? Sounds like an interesting area.
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Another Punjar-based adventure was "The Thief Lord's Vault," one of two modules written by Harley Stroh in DCC #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms (a.k.a. "the Red Box"). You don't get to venture around outside much (as the title suggests), but it has one of the BEST death traps you'll ever come across.

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

There are definite projects in the works for Punjar. We'll share some of the details as we get closer.

Vault of the Thief Lord is an old favorite of mine: the very first adventure set in Punjar, and - as Ken notes - one of the the most unforgiving endings yet.

//H

xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Harley Stroh wrote:There are definite projects in the works for Punjar. We'll share some of the details as we get closer.

//H

*Gets all giddy again. :P
Vellen
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Vellen »

xredjasonx wrote:
Harley Stroh wrote:There are definite projects in the works for Punjar. We'll share some of the details as we get closer.

//H

*Gets all giddy again. :P
Agreed Red Jason,
Hurry up future! Let's see some more Punjar!
Belares
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Belares »

I ran Thief lord's vault in 3.5 and it was a blast and i agree had the best trap ever! I am thinking of trying to make it 4E for my group running in Punjar.
Count Zero
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Zero »

Belares wrote:I ran Thief lord's vault in 3.5 and it was a blast and i agree had the best trap ever! I am thinking of trying to make it 4E for my group running in Punjar.
I'm running a 4E Punjar game as well and thought of doing something with the module. It seems to me that converting 3.5 to 4 is tricky at best. I'm thinking of using the plot and design elements to build a new version. Before I start though: has anyone done anything with it?
I'm the quiet neighbor with the big freezer.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”