D&D Logo

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

D&D Logo

Post by welland_warrior »

Hi there,

I have a quick question.

Did I read somewhere that publishers will be able to use the official D&D logo on their 4E products somewhere or am I on cheap crack?

Thanks.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: D&D Logo

Post by DCCfan »

I thought I read the same thing. I could have heard it in one of the pod casts as well. I seem to remember hearing someone talk about it.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Hey guys,

From the GSL:

4.2 Logo. Licensee must print Wizards’ proprietary “compatibility” service mark as presented in either of the files labeled “GSLLogo.pdf” and “GSLLogoBW.pdf” that are available for download at http://www.wizards.com/d20 (“Compatibility Logo”) on the lower left quadrant of the back cover of each Licensed Product and on the lower one-third (1/3) of the page in which the legal text described in Section 5.2 is located, or if a Licensed Product is made available only in an electronic format, the last page, and sized identically to the Compatibility Logo as shown in the files listed above. Licensee may additionally utilize the Compatibility Logo in advertisements and marketing materials (including without limitation, website listings and catalogs) for Licensed Products, provided, that such Compatibility Logo solely appears in the lower left quadrant of any such advertisement or marketing material; and is sized identically to the Compatibility Logo as shown in the files listed above.

Translation: You have no choice but to display the "official" 4E logo in a GSL product. It goes on the back cover of print products and on the back page of PDF products.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by welland_warrior »

cheers and thanks
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, when our first GSL product hits stores next week (Forgotten Heroes: Fang, Fist, and Song) you'll see the D&D logo on the back cover.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “4E Products”