Castle Whiterock Question Level 1

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Castle Whiterock Question Level 1

Post by welland_warrior »

Hi,

I'm reading level 1 of Castle Whiterock in anticipation of playing next month.

I have a question:

On page 34 (of the red book) it mentions that Area 1-11 has two secret doors (one on the North and West walls). However, on the map I only see one. Can someone confirm for me what the story is - or if I've misread something?

Thanks!
Damien the Bloodfeaster
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Castle Whiterock Question Level 1

Post by Damien the Bloodfeaster »

There's a secret door missing on the map. Just put it in yourself, connecting area 1-11 to the corridor leading towards the outside.

Note also that on all the maps, the compass rose is inaccurate; north should be pointing upward toward the top of the page on level 1, for example. If you do not make this adjustment, all the north/south/east/west directions in the text won't make sense.
Author: Mother of All Encounter Tables; Bits of Magicka series
Coauthor: Rappan Athuk Reloaded

Castle Whiterock Kills: [img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img] x10
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by welland_warrior »

Ok, wow, that's great to know.

I did notice some of the descriptions being off with the compass, but I've noticed that in other DCCs too and didn't pay it much attention.

Thank you for the head's up!
phloog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by phloog »

Damien the Bloodfeaster wrote:There's a secret door missing on the map. Just put it in yourself, connecting area 1-11 to the corridor leading towards the outside.

Note also that on all the maps, the compass rose is inaccurate; north should be pointing upward toward the top of the page on level 1, for example. If you do not make this adjustment, all the north/south/east/west directions in the text won't make sense.
So should EVERY Compass rose be turned so that North is toward the top of the page? If it's really that broken, it's fairly shameful if GG hasn't had someone go in with Photoshop, turn the darned things to point the right way, and posted a revised Book 6 -- heck, they give away book 6 as a teaser, and THAT version's still wrong...so it seems like there's no legal or other valid reason for posting a free pdf of actually correct maps.

Return to “Castle Whiterock”