Three Questions concerning Sellswords of Punjar

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Nuwanda
Ill-Fated Peasant

Three Questions concerning Sellswords of Punjar

Post by Nuwanda »

Heyhey

I just bought a PDF-Version of Sellswords at an Internet-Site. I really like it, much better than the introduction-module by wizards, full of action and the villains got charakter. But somehow I can't find the Survey-Card I need to get the Punjar-gaz. Is it only contained in the Paper-Version?

My second Question: I couldn't find information on how tall are the slum-shags. If a player slides down one of the roofs - which is not unlikely - how much damage does she take?

I heard from many players that they enjoyed climbing walls, smashing windows - doing it the swashbuckling style. But how? There are swarms of bats watching the roofs and just 3 or 4 windows to smash. Did I miss any information?

Regards from Germany
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Three Questions concerning Sellswords of Punjar

Post by Harley Stroh »

Nuwanda,

Thanks for your questions. I hope Sellswords is a good adventure for you and your players.

1. Reply card in PDF version --- good question. Let me ask the boss.

2. How far is the fall? *Great question.* Over areas 1-2, 1-5, 1-4, 1-6, and 1-6a, I'd say 15 ft. Over 1-8, 1-9, 1-10, 1-11, 1-12, I'd rule 20 ft. Over 1-14, 30 ft. From the upper level of 2-9, 20 ft.

3. There is a window missing in area 1-14, in the corner overlooking 1-13. (This is where Black Shet snipes from.) Also, the swarms gather after 2 to 5 rounds --- given a PC's movement rate, that can allow for a lot of ground to be covered. In practice, feel free to include or not include the bats, as needed. If it seems like the PCs are going to miss all the fun stuff below, send in the bats, but it if seems they are just using the roofs for tactical advantages (ala ambushing villains below) give them as much free rein as you'd like.

Hope this helps,
//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Harley Stroh wrote:1. Reply card in PDF version --- good question. Let me ask the boss.
Glad you like the adventure! The reply card is physically bound in the print copies, and is only available with purchase of the print version.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JoeCrow
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JoeCrow »

Bummer. I just grabbed the pdf from RPGNow, and I was kinda hoping to be able to get some more info on Punjar, to flesh it out for the crew when I run it for them. Any plans to release Tainted Jewel for sale or anything?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

JoeCrow wrote:Bummer. I just grabbed the pdf from RPGNow, and I was kinda hoping to be able to get some more info on Punjar, to flesh it out for the crew when I run it for them. Any plans to release Tainted Jewel for sale or anything?
Joe, is that really you? Did you finish that module yet? :)

And yes, Punjar: The Tarnished Jewel will be available for sale as a PDF, around late October.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JoeCrow
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JoeCrow »

goodmangames wrote: Joe, is that really you? Did you finish that module yet? :)

And yes, Punjar: The Tarnished Jewel will be available for sale as a PDF, around late October.

:oops:

Heh. Actually, there are largish bits of Bloody Jack's Revenge that'd be a lot easier to do in 4th Ed, now that I think about it. It'd require some creative tweaking around the edges of the core cosmology setup, though...

Good to hear about Tarnished Jewel eventually coming out for sale, since I'm gonna start running Sellswords next Sunday.

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”