!st DCC order just arrived today

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JZavoda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

!st DCC order just arrived today

Post by JZavoda »

Posted this on the Acaeum but thought it was even more appropriate for this forum.

<y Goodman order arrived this afternoon. If you haven't picked up at least one DCC51 Castle Whiterock you should do it soon.

This thing is a monster. It reminds me of the old SPI detergent box games. You could easily use it as a blunt instrument, it weighs a ton.

I'm just sorry that it isn't 1e, but that can be fixed. Inside are four books each the size or bigger than the old TSR monster modules, a seperate index, a huge map book, another filled with player handout illustrations, a gazetteer, I could have used this in the olden days.

I also picked up DCC29 & 48, the adventure compilations. I didn't know they were hardcover. They are pretty nice and I like the idea that they cover set levels. Fill in the blanks between other adventures.

If 3e or 3.5 hadn't sickened me I would have been all over these DCC adventures when they first were produced. I still don't care for either system, but the wealth of adventure material is amazing.

As a collectable these things shout to be picked up and carefully preserved for future generations and too make your friends jealous.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: !st DCC order just arrived today

Post by Jengenritz »

JZavoda, thanks for talking up Castle Whiterock! It's flattering that you liked it despite the edition. Hope the 1E conversion of CW goes well...I think there are some people working on something similar here on the board already...you might try a search for it.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

Castle Whiterock is the best 3rd edition boxed set, imho. :)
The 51.5 prequel is excellent too.

Some other gems you may want to try and get your hands on before they are gone...
#7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cove
#13 Crypt of the Devil Lich (very ToH like)
#16 Curse of the Emerald Cobra
#26 The Scaly God
#28 Into the Wilds (I love this one, reminds me of B2 from the basic set)
#40 The Devil in the Mists (a good sequel to #7)
#44 Dreaming Caverns of the Duergar (probably the best "underdark adventure" for lvls 1-3)

Those are some of my favorites from the 26 DCCs that I've picked up this year. I also managed to snag the super rare #35 from one of the nicest people on the RPG industry. I was late to try Goodman's DCCs but if GG ever makes more 3.5 stuff, I'll be all over it.
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
JZavoda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JZavoda »

Sunderstone wrote:Castle Whiterock is the best 3rd edition boxed set, imho. :)
The 51.5 prequel is excellent too.

Some other gems you may want to try and get your hands on before they are gone...
#7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cove
#13 Crypt of the Devil Lich (very ToH like)
#16 Curse of the Emerald Cobra
#26 The Scaly God
#28 Into the Wilds (I love this one, reminds me of B2 from the basic set)
#40 The Devil in the Mists (a good sequel to #7)
#44 Dreaming Caverns of the Duergar (probably the best "underdark adventure" for lvls 1-3)

Those are some of my favorites from the 26 DCCs that I've picked up this year. I also managed to snag the super rare #35 from one of the nicest people on the RPG industry. I was late to try Goodman's DCCs but if GG ever makes more 3.5 stuff, I'll be all over it.
I really want to get my hands on that DCC#35 I know it is going to be both expenisve and hard to find.
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

JZ,

Let us know how your search for DCC #35 goes. There is a SW copy sitting on the shelf at my FLGS. It isn't discounted, but it is still in shrinkwrap, so there's a tradeoff. I'd buy it for myself, but I already have DCC# 35 in both print and pdf and I don't think I need a second copy.

If you don't have any luck finding a copy soon and get anxious, I could perhaps facilitate the acquisition of the SW copy for you. Shipping might be a bit steep, but no moreso than if you bought one from an online retailer that charged shipping.

Good luck,

tacojohn
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

My favorite 3.5 DCC was #31, The Transmuters Last Touch. Don't let the cheesy cover art or the $2 price tag fool you, it was a very well put together adventure. It's one of those dungeon crawls that are seemingly so simple yet made so very interesting. It's a great module to kick off a campaign or adventurers career(s).

And it's definitely a great adventure for new DM's, as it was my first 3.5 Dm'ing experience and went perfectly... :P
JZavoda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JZavoda »

tacojohn4547 wrote:JZ,

Let us know how your search for DCC #35 goes. There is a SW copy sitting on the shelf at my FLGS. It isn't discounted, but it is still in shrinkwrap, so there's a tradeoff. I'd buy it for myself, but I already have DCC# 35 in both print and pdf and I don't think I need a second copy.

If you don't have any luck finding a copy soon and get anxious, I could perhaps facilitate the acquisition of the SW copy for you. Shipping might be a bit steep, but no moreso than if you bought one from an online retailer that charged shipping.

Good luck,

tacojohn
PM sent. But in case you didn't get it let me know where to send you the bucks. I'd very much appreicate it if you could help me get that copy of DCC#35

Thanks
Jason
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

JZ, you've got mail. :)

Give me a couple of hours to check with the store. I'll let you know once I speak with them.

Jon

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”