Grab Bags?

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Grab Bags?

Post by DCCfan »

I know this is months away but will you bring back the Christmas grab bags again this year? I really enjoyed mine last year. It also made it easy for my wife to shop for me. There was no nagging me to make a list. :roll: No special stores to go to in Orlando or Tampa. Just click, pay, and your done. :D
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Grab Bags?

Post by goodmangames »

Probably... but as you said, it's still a couple months away. But unless something comes up, we'll probably still have them.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

:D Yes! Goodman Games has the best grab bags. I can't wait to open mine up this year and see what I get! :D

Never having been a fan of them I always purchased grab bags at my wife's request. I never purchased even one that was worth a BLEEP. We would get things like one mismatched pair of socks, a pencil, and a left glove. :roll:

That is until last year when my wife kept bugging me for a Christmas list. I happened to see the grab bag add while surfing the net and immediately said I'll take one of those. Best snap decision I ever made to shoo-sh my wife up. I was very pleased with the contents and the value. I would recommend picking one up this year.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

I just ordered my $200 grab bag. At three times the value I get $600 worth of Goodman Games. I can't wait to see what comes out of the box this year.

DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Well this is what I got! Etherscop: Core rules and Just a Delivery
Broncosaurus Rex: Core rules and Cretasus adventure guide
Card games: Geek Wars, Scavenger Hunt, and Championship Dodge Ball
Dragonmech: The Mech Manual, Shardsfall Quest, Almanac of the Endless Traders, The Last City
DCC: #41-43, #48, #50, #9,#10,#27, #30,and The Hero's Arise Black Box
Eldritch: Core Rule Book
WFF: #1-3
Xcrawl: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Brooklyn, and Coney Island crawls, and Necromerica
Miniatures: Kobold fighter and sorcerer, Wererat Champion, Goblin Warchief, and Loros Truebow
Everything Else: Demon Hunter's Handbook, Lethal Legacies, GM Gems#1, PC Pearls, Complete
Guide to beholders

It's a ton of stuff to digest. Etherscope always looked cool, but nobody I know has an interest. Broncosaurus Rex is another one I probably won't persuade anyone to play. Xcrawl on the other hand looks like it will make for great one-shot let's do something different games. I just need to get the core rule book. Dragon Mech might make it into a D&D game. Maybe as lost technology from a long lost city. I'll give Eldritch a read, but don't have much interest. WFF could be good for a transition from 3.5 to 4E. Mini's and DCC's are always my favorites and will definitely be used. GM Gems and PC Pearls are great books. If you don't have them pick up a copy. The card games will be good for an evening when everyone says, I'm bored!

Return to “Suggestion Box”